• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thin Walled Brass Tubing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping someone here can put me on to what I need. I am needing to replicate some ramrod pipes for a Numrich Arms Swivel Rifle. The ones on the gun have an OD of about .440and a wall thickness of about .030. The ramrods that came with the gun are .375-77. The tubing I have found with a limited online search has much thicker walls. They are straight tubes that are silver soldered to barrels. No pins.
Grangers has brass tubing. I bought some for some drop tubes awhile back.

Hoping someone here can put me on to what I need. I am needing to replicate some ramrod pipes for a Numrich Arms Swivel Rifle. The ones on the gun have an OD of about .440and a wall thickness of about .030. The ramrods that came with the gun are .375-77. The tubing I have found with a limited online search has much thicker walls. They are straight tubes that are silver soldered to barrels. No pins.

The chances of finding tubing the exact size you want is border line impossible. You may have to use something a different size. Check a electrical supply store, They have tubing for lamps that might work?

Might as well roll & solder; you'll need to form a mounting tab anyway.
Would look like this.
1615477040339.jpeg

Don't know if it will work for you, but i have made ram rod ferrules out of .357 & .44 mag pistol brass. Cut off the rimmed head and ream out the inside and bevel the ends.

Same here, always save brass of all calibers, even made rivets out of 22 calibers. Save copper electrical wire for pins that won't scratch. Have fabricated ram rod tips out of used casings.

^^^ used spent brass for everything. Ferrules, horn spouts, rivets as mentioned, cut open and flattened for a small sheet of brass, etc and so on

^^^ used spent brass for everything. Ferrules, horn spouts, rivets as mentioned, cut open and flattened for a small sheet of brass, etc and so on

I've even gone so far as to push that little shiny part out of the end, replace it with another without a dent in it. Then pour some kind of granules into it, cap it with a heavy piece of metal and go hunting with it.
Can you imagine that?

Latest posts

Back