• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Two brass swivel guns....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, just came across this thread and Boy are these beautiful! Has there been further activity on the finishing on these two pieces!? We could surely find good use for these aboard our Brig, Panther….we do alot of Living History Dockside Maritime educational programs in the Mid Atlantic Area. if the original poster would like to see them used at Sea we Sure could help that take place!

Attachments

• 8EA52AE4-44C9-4E8B-9A5F-35A075F545F0.jpeg
    8EA52AE4-44C9-4E8B-9A5F-35A075F545F0.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 0
I started these guns many years ago while I was still in the Navy. They have been sitting under my workbench since 1978. I have been hard over on finishing up some cannon projects that have been hanging fire for too many years now. These guns are about 24 inches long and are currently cast solid. I bored the passage for the trunnions sideways through the castings. The machined trunnions will be furnace brazed in place and then the guns will be bored and lined with steel liners. The trunnions re 1 1/2 inches in diameter where they pass through the gun and the gun bore for the liner will be 1 1/4 inches. The liners are DOM 1.25 " OD seamless tubing with a 0.125" wall and welded breach plugs. The final bore will be 1 inch.

Not sure what I'm going to do with two more cannons.....but they need to be shootable before I worry about that. :eek:
BEAUTIFUL.. WHEN BORED AND LINED AND WANT TO SELL ONE i WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO PRICE IT TO ME THANK YOU.

Back