• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

the no barrel blues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtdew

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Well,I'm still waiting on my coleiran .50 B profile 44" swamped bbl for my Jacob Dickert "kit" from tow. Its been several months and as you all know you cant do much to a build without the tube. They do send me e-mails often telling me as soon as they get it they will send it. The only thing I have been able to find is a rice bbl in .50 w/ the same contour, but it is 42" instead of the 44" I had my heart set on.If something doesnt come up soon I guess I will go with the 42", but I'm worried that it may not fit in the bbl channel as I beleive it was inletted for the 44".Any thoughts on whether it will fit or not? I suppose I should contact totw and ask them.Thanks.

I had a fowler barrel on backorder from Track for 8 months, even tried to get one directly from Colerain. I finally gave up and called Tip Curtis, of course he had one.

Tip is probably at Friendship but he has hundreds(lots of hundreds) of barrels and probably has what you are looking for.

Perhaps if you give him a call in a week or two you can continue on with your project.

Try Tip and see if he has it. (615) 654-4445. Leave a message & he will call ya back. You may also try Muzzlerloader Builder Supply and see if Ryan might have it.

If it is inlet for the 44, the 42 is not going to fit the inlet.

Keith Lisle

TRY
STONEWALLOUTFITTERS
(THEY ARE AT A NATIONAL SHOW THIS WEEK AND PROB WONT ANSWER CALLS)

THEY HAVE MOST ANY BARREL..IN STOCK !

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got everything for my build but have been waiting on the lock from them. I always wondered what the "accepting orders" statement means. They've got the 30 day wait, 60 day wait and I guess it means the who knows.

Thats what I thought.42" wont fit 44". I appreciate all the suggestions

I would if I had a known wait time. I paid with a money order so they couldn't just credit the payment back to me.

I'll give it a little more time. Still working the stock and everything down. Hopefully it will be in when I run out of other things to work on.

If it is a Precarve, don't get ahead of yourself. You need the lock inlet into the stock before ya put the barrel in.

Keith Lisle

Back