• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Reduced! Blue Capote Size: Large

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a blue 4 point trapper point blanket voyaguer capote with no hood. I say voyaguer because I based it off of the N.W Traders pattern for the voyaguer capote with no hood but I modified it for a more custom tailored fit, plus it is sewn better and more historic than theirs. The modifications were darts that were sewn to tailor the chest better as per a historical example in the mountain man sketchbooks, the collar and sleeves were also cut into seperate pieces and sewn for a more tailored fit, also based off of a historical example. I wanted this capote to be as historic as possible for me to make so I tailored it better and hand sewn it all with a backstitch using a matching cotton thread that was hand waxed in beeswax. A backstitch is one of the most common stitches for a garment in this era and is proven to be the strongest stitch. The blanket is very thick and warm, some blankets are thinner than others and this one is very thick and tightly woven. The measurements are as follows; Overall length from top of shoulder to end: roughly 40". Sleeve length is 26”. Overall size suggestion on pattern is 42”-44” chest or 175-215 lbs. I am 5 feet 11 inches and the capote comes to my knees and the size is a little large for me (big enough for clothing layers). It is bigger than a large, It is a large but, I cant stress enough to measure yourself with these measurements/ suggestions in mind. In keeping competition with Northwest traders pricing I am asking $280 plus $25 shipping to lower 48 U.S.A. Will also ship to Alaska and Canada pending a shipping quote. I accept Cash, personal check, usps money order, or Paypal Friends and Family. If using paypal I cannot stress enough using friends and family. Thank you for looking feel free to ask me any questions!

Attachments

• thumbnail_image7.png
    thumbnail_image7.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
  • thumbnail_image10.png
    thumbnail_image10.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image9.png
    thumbnail_image9.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image6.png
    thumbnail_image6.png
    538 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image5.png
    thumbnail_image5.png
    500.9 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image4.png
    thumbnail_image4.png
    876.6 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image3.png
    thumbnail_image3.png
    789.7 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    669.3 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    804 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very nice ! If only that were a little smaller as in a "large" size.
Thanks for the compliment 😎, the pattern “says” large but it’s meant to be adjustable for layers of clothing underneath if desired which is why it is a little larger than a standard large. Either way that’s why I do my best to put up measurements since everyone’s different. Thanks for looking by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back