• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Libertine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

69 Cal.
Reaction score
We figured this would be a good movie. We were wrong, and had to walk out. Very boring, and vulgar are words that come to mind. The sets and clothing were nice in this artsy piece of $%^&.

Its about an English Earl if I remember correctly who had a rather unusual sex life n drive. We have to remember though that during this period sex and all its aveneues were much more open and excepted then in todays world. What we consider vulger and obscene today wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow then. When viewing Period Piece films we must remember todays morals were not always the norm. YMHS Birdman haven't seen the movie yet but the wife n I intend to in the next few days

When I saw France's Johnny Depp in the lead, that was enough for me to forget about it. :bull:

Interesting entry; thanks for the link. It shows how words in common usage today have changed substantially from their original meanings in a relatively short time. Agnostic, for instance, now means something entirely different than it originally did. Libertine appears to be the same.

Still don't think I'll see the movie, though. :snore:

Thats whats I figured. The movie title might lead you to believe its about something else than what it really stands for.

The title told me I dont want to see such trash. Swampman, you most certainly did not lose any money by walking out.

Latest posts

Back