• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The ideal smoothbore hunting bag??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bag served me well last season. Honestly the bag got what I needed to the field. Once in the field/duck blind I usually put things in different pockets instead of in the bag. I have my flask and measure on one side, shot snake on the other. Wads in a pocket, capper in the outside pocket of my bag with a string attached so it’s easy to grab.

This is my rig for a SxS - I don’t own a fowler
IMG_6667.jpeg

The only difference between my smoothbore gun pouch and rifle pouch is there is no patch knife sheath on the strap for my fowlers.
My 20ga can shoot .600 round balls all day long fairly accurately as long as It’s patched. I’m sure yours could also.
Doc,

Just a plain double pouch. The front pocket will hold a few round ball and patches, the back pocket to hold some shot, wads and cards. You really don't need much more than that for a day of shooting. Any other accessories like a flint wallet, tools, etc can be carried in a small belt pouch or a separate small haversack. Sometimes less is more or simpler is better.
Ohio Rusty ><>
bag double.JPG
bag inside.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back