• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Dutch Shoultz Shooting System is awesome

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I followed the Dutch Shoultz Shooting System and shot the best 5 shot 50 yrd group ever today. I could have possibly pulled that one loner, I don't know, I'm not completely finished tweaking it yet though, so I'll follow up with the results when I'm completely finished, but I thought this was pretty dog gone impressive for a production rifle if I do say so myself.

Yep, Dutch's system is a good summary of forty years experience. Consistancy and don't use too much lube are the keys! :hmm:

Yep,
My CVA Mountain Rifle, Dutch's system, 1-7,.020 denim, 495 cast ball weighed/sorted +/- .5grn.
5 shots off hand at 50yrds.

7f718491-ab31-4edb-b23d-f06d20e7cbd7_zps9c95b50a.jpg

Do everything that's in those papers, hodge-podge won't work.

Google.......Dutch Shoultz Black Powder Rifle Shooting System.

That's some darn good shootin' for off hand at 50 yds. :bow:

Don't know whether I pulled that loner or not, probably did though. Got some more testing to do....I'm following it to a tee.

I am pleased that Mtnmanjim is pleased but he has only used the least part of my System. He has just implemented the Dry Patch Lube System.

The point that I have tried to get across and have completely failed is in how my name is spelled..

When you suggest they google Shultz they will be directed to the life story of a famous hoodlum who was shot dead in a Jersey City Restaurant. Not even a relative.

Try Schoultz which is the spelling my father came up with when he changed it from Sculczewski as a public service.

Dutch SChoultz

My grandfathers last name was Schieferecke when he left Germany but was shortened to Eck by the time he went through Elis Island in 1913. It was said he didn't want to confuse any future employers with the pronunciation of his name.

Eric Krewson said:
My grandfathers last name was Schieferecke when he left Germany but was shortened to Eck by the time he went through Elis Island in 1913. It was said he didn't want to confuse any future employers with the pronunciation of his name.

:surrender:
I don't think there IS a pronunciation for Schieferecke.(spellcheck doesn't like it either)

Don't feel lonely Dutch. I have a really tough time with people insisting on adding an SEN onto the end of my last name. I have absolutely no clue as to why, but it happens ALL the time :cursing:

That's excellent shooting imo. I've been lucky nuff to produce a few of those lookin' targets...but at 25 yards.

After years of mulling it over thinking I could just experiment long enough and figure things out on my own, I just have to order the system and be done with it.

What kind of rifle you shooting? Just curious.

Again, very nice shooting.

My main problem with this system is getting the Ballistol - none available locally, and $17 + shipping thru amazon.

Plus I would like to have something more common that I can easily get locally just in case I can't order it anymore, or they change their formulation.

Any ideas ???

Latest posts

Back