• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The 11Th Commandment

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edrutecki

32 Cal
Reaction score
I'm sure this was posted here somewhere but I saw this the other day for the first time and got a good laugh from it! Thought I'd share...............enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
mosesloader.1.jpg.351ab3ad821f945a040c34e0fe645cad.jpg

I was given an inline years ago by a very nice lady, who didn’t know much about guns. Just wanted it gone. I use it as a loaner gun, instead of my better ones. They have their place.

I have an old underhammer; I think that likely qualifies as an "inline". I don't "loan" guns and have no need for the modern types that look/operate more like a cartridge shooter.

30 years ago, my uncle (RIP George, and forever thanks) introduced me to muzzleloading rifles with his brand new inline. I was instantly hooked, but knew I didn't want that style of rifle. Started with a Pedersoli .50 "Kentucky" caplock a week or so later and never looked back. So yes, they have their place.

I don't see a lock anywhere on Moses' staff. :p
If your muzzleloading group is building a golden calf, you may see around 150 teeth of the rod's serpent and watch it undergo varying shapes, when Moses repeatedly strikes the ground with the rod.

In that pic, Charlton never envisioned the day when he would become Moses of the NRA.

Back