• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tennessee ML opener tomorrow!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen this post and I know others from here have posted on my opening day post but thought I would share some pics of my son's opening day buck and his biggest ... Today will be are last afternoon for ML season here in TN but I will be carrying my muzzleloader all season long

Attachments

• IMG_20211106_094357.jpg
    IMG_20211106_094357.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20211108_105211_01.jpg
    IMG_20211108_105211_01.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 52
Saw some does but didn't shoot (too far) and a bobcat sneaking by at 30 yards.
View attachment 103253

Then saw a large 8 point over my right shoulder staring at me from 40 feet. One of the shortcomings from hunting on the ground. I had anticipated deer crossing the ridge slope in front of me, but I my anticipator was broken ;^)
That’s still a great hunt. I’m kinda glad that theWMA I was on doesn’t allow does the first week of season. I’d have shot the first doe I saw and that would’ve been bad. When she came back thru the third time and got really close I could tell she was smaller than my dog!

Last evening hunt with My son our view From a buddy stand we share ... We pray all you hunters stay safe and have the best year yet 😃

Even though clear cuts are ugly as heck, they produce more deer than mature forests do. Just keep your eyes peeled, watch the wind, and you will probably be successful.

Good luck!
Yeah, I know they’re great for wildlife, but I still hate to see huge swaths of woods that I hunted for years disappear. I’m using the clear cuts in conjunction with other terrain features to pick my spots. Seen deer in one out of two hunts so I’m batting 500!

Saw some does but didn't shoot (too far) and a bobcat sneaking by at 30 yards.
View attachment 103253

Then saw a large 8 point over my right shoulder staring at me from 40 feet. One of the shortcomings from hunting on the ground. I had anticipated deer crossing the ridge slope in front of me, but I my anticipator was broken ;^)
Are they legal/open? That's a dream animal for me. I buy the tag in PA every year but have never saw one in the wild.

Some folks seem to see bobcats every time they’re out. Not me. I can count the live bobcats I’ve seen here in Tennessee on one hand.

Great thread Guys!

I live in Humphreys Co. 70 mikes or so West of Nashville..
Bucks have been chasing here for over two weeks now!
New Rubs and scrapes are showing up everyday now… most are being worked nocturnally it seems..

Ive only hunted 2 days so far, last Saturday & Sunday.
Both were morning only hunts, day break till 11:00 am. I saw 6 does Saturday & only 2 on Sunday… 0 bucks.

I do plan on hunting more in the coming days….🥸👍

Good Luck too all!

7770B9E3-DD8D-4092-A980-E2768390B42E.jpeg

Well, that was a bust. The wind was really getting it all morning. Never saw a thing and nearly froze to death. I’ll try it again tomorrow.

I was out yesterday morning in central KY. Shot a mid sized 8 piont at about 8:30 with my Traditions 50 Kentucky long rifle. Shot hit heigh on shoulder. Gave it 2 hours before looking. Lost blood trail after 120y. Spent all day looking to no avail.

Back