• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tn. Muzzleloader season countdown

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13 days and a wake up! Saw a little buck harassing a doe this evening. Hope all you other Tennessee boys have good luck this season.
Good luck to you as well! I’ve been seeing lots of deer and deer sign. Lots of acorns as well. We have a little cool snap coming soon. Hopefully, that will jumpstart the rut.

Good luck,

Anthony

6 days! Young bucks are starting to harass the does. I’ve been fishing like crazy and fish right past my hunting spot most days. Can’t wait to get in the there with the ML.

I take it different counties in TN have different seasons
Yes and no. They all start on the same date for a specific weapon type, but vary on bag limit for does depending on which unit you’re in. There are CWD counties spread out in some units that have different rules going on. Sounds complicated, but it’s really simple.

I only was wondering as it is open here and they did away with the black powder season. West TN
No sir. Tennessee still has a “season” for muzzleloaders. It starts on 11/4 this year. There was a juvenile hunt this past weekend, but there are no firearm seasons of any kind open till this weekend.

Correction to my last post. In the CWD units muzzleloader and gun opened today. Apologies for the bad info.

Np, as I don't have a freezer I haven't been concerned just going by what I was hearing locally. We do have cwd in our county so it is a little different. I did eliminate a coon the other day that was harassing the chickens.

I live just south of the TN line, the Bama M/L season starts on the 13th. I hunted Tn for over 30 years but the rule change where one had to bone out any deer before you bring it across the line to Bama stopped me from hunting there, that plus the rising cost of the non-resident license. At 75 and an evening hunter, boning out a deer by flashlight after dark just doesn't work for me.

My county in Alabama is a CWD zone as well but they only found one infected deer last year among the thousands that were tested.

Back years ago, when you had to check a TN deer at what was usually a mom-and-pop backwoods grocery store that was always closed by the time I got out of the woods, I would turn my TN deer kill into an Alabama deer by driving back roads to the TN/AL line and taking the deer home with me. It was about a 70-mile round trip for me to go back to TN the next day and check the deer properly, I did this for years but finally said to heck with it and made all of those late-night deer recoveries an Alabama deer.

Got in some last minute target practice today with the rifle I'm starting with and the mountain pistol. Already have all my stuff laid out and ready to go. Can't wait.

Didn’t see a thing this morning besides some squirrels. That’s ok though. There’s always tomorrow.

No deer. A month ago there was sign all around my blind. Today, no deer sign whatsoever.
I watched four woodducks on the creek within 20 yards of me. Wrens, chick-a-dees, kinglets. But, no deer, not even a squirrel.

Will get after them Tuesday. The deer have gone from my little 12 acre woods also in the past two weeks. There is picked corn and about 200 acres of turnips coming up about 1/2 mile away. Guess they like that better than acorns. The rut should get the bucks moving through during the day though.

Latest posts

Back