• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Seneca in 36 cal.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a TC Seneca in 36 cal. years ago.Really liked it and was looking for its sister in a 45.Well today I found it.Local public sale had one in real good shape.Light hunting marks but NO cracks.All origional except for the front sight.(Fiber optic)Contacted TC and they have origionals for $8.00.Paid $296.00.Now its to the range to find what it likes to eat after a good cleaning and going over. :grin:

I'd kind of like to have one of those little guns for small game, and plinking. Sounds like you got a good deal.

Those Senecas are great shooters. I've had one in .45 for a few years now and I love it. Been looking for a .36 for a while.

Mine likes 45 grains 3F behind a .440 ball with .15 patches for a target load. 70 grains works pretty well too, but it's a little hard on the .15 patches.

Seems to shoot good with pillow ticking patches also, but I'm still trying to shoot up my supply of premade .15s so I haven't spent as much time with pillow ticking patches.

I hope you enjoy your Seneca as much as I've enjoyed mine!

yep..those are purty hard to find now a days.
You were lucky to be in the right place at the right time and carrying a BIG ENOUGH wallet.
You got a good price on her...let us know how she shoots!

How did this topic change from "FINALLY" to "TC Seneca in 36 cal." when I bought a 45?

Congratulation on finding a good seneca I just got one also I have been looking for decades and I also laid away a cherokee as my dealer gave me a really good deal on the both of them. Not to many people have caught onto the black powder firearms so I can usually get a deal when I buy.
MY new one is 1 inch shorter then my first one that I have had for 30 years.
With the cost of powder and such now days I really like shooting the little guys for that matter always did.

Back