• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Restock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john s mosby

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a nice condition 45 cal. cap lock TC Hawken at a local gun show today. Serial number is 400440. I'd like to restock it with a nicer piece of wood. I know TOTW makes a TC stock but it isn't inletted for the butt plate. Inletting the plate is way over my head, so does anyone else make a stock that's closer to having all the major parts inletted?
Thanks for your help guys.

White Buffalo restocked his . Maybe if you PT him he could give you some info . The Art of Building the Pennsylvania Long Rifle , by Chuck Dixon , gives good instructions on installing a buttplate and is also a good book to read even if you don't want to build a rifle . You can get it from TOTW . Don't sell yourself short , you might be surprised at what you can do with some patience and thought :hmm: . Maybe do a practice install on a piece of 2x6 .

I use to get a flyer from FoxRidge that had alot of items in it for T/C.. I havn't gotten one for awhile, probally cause I never ordered anything from them. They had aftermarket replacement stocks for muzzleloaders, pretty nice looking ones too. They just seemed alittle exspensive to me. You might be able to find them on the Web. SSettle

I checked the Pecatonica River website. They will "Rough Fit" the buttplate for $20, I'm not sure what "Rough Fit" really means. Their stocks run $115 for their number 3 curly maple. Maybe I'll give them a call and get more info.

John S Mosby said:
I checked the Pecatonica River website. They will "Rough Fit" the buttplate for $20, I'm not sure what "Rough Fit" really means. Their stocks run $115 for their number 3 curly maple. Maybe I'll give them a call and get more info.
The good news is that a Pecatonica stock lets you choose the LOP that you want

They rough fit a butt plate on my Virginia stock I ordered from them this past spring. It was pretty dam close, probably 95%, just took a little time with some candle soot to get it to sit without gaps. For some one of my skill level, it was worth the extra 20 bucks. :v

Latest posts

Back