• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC or Lyman

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

410-er

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Have thought about adding a muzzy pistol to the collection for a while.Have a chance now at a TC Patriot 45 for $325.Newer model with brass nose,OR do I go with the Lyman Great Plains pistol?

Sounds a bit high on the price to me.
The "Third Edition Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Values" (2003) gave the Patriot a value of $240, $200, $145 for this gun in 100%, 98% and 95% condition.

If your "into" Period Correct things, the Patriot might fit in to the 1860-1870 time frame.
If you get this gun, remember that the double set triggers are reversed from the set triggers found on most rifles. The front trigger sets them and the rear trigger fires the gun.

The Lyman Great Plains pistol fits into the 1830-1850 time period and most folks who own one like them.

zonie :)

hi-ho 410er

at that price in good shape, it's a steal.. snatch it up..

the prices on the patriots are soaring..

..ttfn..grampa..

They are both good pistols and the $325 price on the TC is good if it is in good shape.The Lymans are good shooters,both the wife and I have one to match our rifle calibers.Take yer pick or buy both... :grin:

I was real close to buying the TC and at the last minute I switched and bought the Great Plains pistol from Lyman in 50. I love it. What a fantastic shooter and great all around gun. I'm taking it deer hunting this coming weekend in the Adirondacks..and maybe..just maybe...

Latest posts

Back