• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Lock Parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked up a .54 TC Renegade percussion rifle project recently. Barrel is in fine shape as is stock. Lock will not hold full cock. Took lock apart and part of the tumbler is broken off. See used ones online as well as a few places selling new ones for about same price. Anyone have a source they can recommend for good replacement TC lock parts? TIA!

Or get a replacement TC lock . The Hawken and Renegade are identical functionally although the hammers have a slightly different profile.

My experience in trying to find specific T/C lock parts was frustrating. Perseverance paid off but I did a lot of searching. If you find what you need from any national seller i would snatch it up. I also bought a complete spare lock for my Hawken because you never know....

Not sure you will be able to find an actual NOS T/C tumbler. I have not tried it, but some claim a Lyman tumbler can be made to work with some creative hand tool work.

For what it is worth, the issue usually starts with the half cock notch on the tumbler being broken. May or may not be what occurred with your gun. I have seen a number of broken tumblers and sears over the years,and many times it came from dry firing the set triggers with the lock in the half cock position. Used to be suggested by TC and there still plenty of knuckleheads on YouTube suggesting that you do it, because T/C used to recommend it.

A couple years ago I bought a "TC" tumbler off of evil-bay. Turned out to be a Lyman tumbler. It went right in & worked fine with the only issue being I had to file the square shank down a bit to get the hammer seated.

My experience in trying to find specific T/C lock parts was frustrating. Perseverance paid off but I did a lot of searching. If you find what you need from any national seller i would snatch it up. I also bought a complete spare lock for my Hawken because you never know....
Yes, I had the same experience looking for a replacement tumbler, only worse because I'm in Australia. Found a couple that wouldn't ship outside the US. Found one eventually.
Picked up a .54 TC Renegade percussion rifle project recently. Barrel is in fine shape as is stock. Lock will not hold full cock. Took lock apart and part of the tumbler is broken off. See used ones online as well as a few places selling new ones for about same price. Anyone have a source they can recommend for good replacement TC lock parts? TIA!
Don't forget the fly. It's probably missing.

Looked twice at Log Cabin Shop website and find nothing listed for TC lock parts. Am I missing something?
Have you tried calling them? They have a lot of stuff at the store not listed on the web site. They often buy stock from smaller dealers that are going out of business that are not on the web site.

Back