• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Cherokee .32

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regulis7

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone here have a .32 Cherokee? What loads seem to be giving the best accuracy in your rifle?

I have had this rifle out a few times to work up loads, but due to the busy range, bad weather and wind I really havent been able to find its sweet spot yet.

Regulis7

I use to have one, sure do wish I still did...

I used 25 grains of FFFg, a .310 roundball and a .010 patch lubed with Wonderlube, all ignited by a CCI #11 percussion cap...

I loved that load, the squirrels hated it... :winking:

I have a .32 Cherokee and worked up loads using 15, 20, 25 and 30 gr. of 3F. Each increase in powder improved accuracy topping out at 30 gr.3F. 35 gr. 3F added only fowling. Used .310 ball with 6oz. denim patching

Got my 32 Cherokee about 2 months ago.Had it at the range again today.20grs of FFFg,.015 patch,and a .310 ball and all 3 touched at 25 yds.Look out Mr. Squirrel!

Took my Cherokee .32 out today, been a couple weeks of bad weather and wind so when the sun came out I was headed to the range in overdrive!

Took .310 and .315 balls, .010 factory patches and .015 home cut.

Most accurate combination for me is the .315 ball, .010 factory pre-lubed patch over 30grs Pyrodex P. This load was putting 3 shot groups in the 3/4" zone at 35 yards consistantly.

Any charge below or above 30grs seem to produce nearly 2" groups regardless of ball/patch combo. If I can put every shot consistantly into a 3/4" area exactlly where I aim then that is plenty accurate for my squirrel hunting needs.

Regulis7

I have one. But, I've never shot it. I also have a .45 cal. barrel for it and I've shot that.

Garryowen

My T/C .50 shoots better than that with real BP. Try that and I'll bet your targets will look better too. :thumbsup:

Back