• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CLOSED Tc Big Bore .58

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Africa58double

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking for a Big Bore- Good bore, even if wood isn’t great…. Can refinish.

Curious if anyone has one they are not using and want to sell.

I just love me some .58

I am wishing you luck on your quest, but you and almost all on this site would like to get their hands on one, good luck and it's Big Boar!

Just figured I’d ask…. No harm in that. Figured if someone had one to sell, Perhaps this would be there first stop at Selling.

Im a optimist 😁

HI i was wanting one...so i had a old bbl from a renegade and sent it to this guy in kentucky that made it deep slow twist..shoots like crazy..i shot a deer with it this year.

Attachments

• 101_0584.JPG
    101_0584.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 82
There's one on gunbroker now. 500 open bid with 1 bid and 3 days left on the auction. But somewhere along the line somebody ruined the stock on it by filing the comb plumb off.

Get a renegade there 1 inch bbls on 54 cal ....I made a 20 gauge smoothbore from new bbl that had the same breech plug thread as (3/4x16)as the renegade ..I saved alot of money

Can anyone give me any insight as to the Muzzleloader ? Well balanced? Good trigger?

Twist rate and if Anyone has experience with shooting one? Groups,charge and Projectile

If I can’t find one in original condition, I’d Like some information about them.

I just like The .58 cal

Can anyone give me any insight as to the Muzzleloader ? Well balanced? Good trigger?

Twist rate and if Anyone has experience with shooting one? Groups,charge and Projectile

If I can’t find one in original condition, I’d Like some information about them.

I just like The .58 cal
Had a TC Big Bore with a QLA that was off center with the bore and was horrible in the accuracy department. Sold before correcting, although buyer was made aware of the issue. He just had to have that Big Bore. Trigger was rough at best, similar to many other single trigger TCs, but with a little work, not that bad. They have some collector value, but the one owned wasn’t an impressive shooter like the couple Hoyt 58 TCs rebores I have.

Last edited:
Appreciate the Post. Well, that’s one experience- Hopefully others have another insight. I’d imagine they are like a renegade. Not The best , Yet certainly not the worst.
I just wanted something for shorter distance woods hunting. Min of Deer out to 70 yards

They're fairly light and pretty well balanced. TC single trigger pulls vary from mediocre to atrocious but with a bit of work they can be made quite nice. The twist would bw the TC standard 1 in 48 twist they used in most of their guns.

I shot compitition this last summer with the 58 that i had made from a rusted 54 renegade barrel.There was 8 others shooting 25/50/100 yards i won all three.. I laughed at my friends there ,,,as i told them...WOW ...i didnt have to get my real compitition gun out to win. Shooting a 570 round ball hornady with 60 grains of 2 ff triple 7 and a 015 pillow ticking patch pre lubed.

Appreciate the Post. Well, that’s one experience- Hopefully others have another insight. I’d imagine they are like a renegade. Not The best , Yet certainly not the worst.
I just wanted something for shorter distance woods hunting. Min of Deer out to 70 yards
They are a good gun,the .58 is lighter than the other calibers.When I hunted with mine I put a double-set trigger renegade stock on it.Like double-sets better and kept my Big Boar stock mint. They have been in fair demand for the last 10 years,and now it is crazy times buying any firearm.I have seen several nice ones go $800-1000 and up.Quit hunting with mine,too expensive too beat up.I bought a Investarm .58 Hawken,and it is a very good hunting gun.Good luck in your search.I would build one with a Renegade stock and re-bored .58 barrel to use, and keep searching for a Big Boar.

I hunt with my Pedersoli Kodiak .58

I don’t see the reason why not to… Little marks and such give character.

I Don’t throw it across a creek I’m about to cross, or drag it thru the Briars….. Yet a Tc Big Bore- that’s what I’d buy it for.

26” Barrel lengthslender stock… Reminds me of a Carbine with slightly longer barrel.

Just rite

There's one on gunbroker now. 500 open bid with 1 bid and 3 days left on the auction. But somewhere along the line somebody ruined the stock on it by filing the comb plumb off.
Theres

One on gunbroker right now

Luckily I don’t have a Acct. , Otherwise I’d Have far to many I don’t need.

Plus without a Buy now price…. I’m sure it will get a bid war and price will be Up there.

Id rather get a “Price” -Pay and be done anyway

Attachments

• 4EBE5867-C900-4BC6-B2D2-C6F60D550E7E.jpeg
    4EBE5867-C900-4BC6-B2D2-C6F60D550E7E.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 87
Luckily I don’t have a Acct. , Otherwise I’d Have far to many I don’t need.

Plus without a Buy now price…. I’m sure it will get a bid war and price will be Up there.

Id rather get a “Price” -Pay and be done anyway
Good luck sir ive been looking for one as well but the 7-800 price tag is out of reach for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back