• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Target Sights for T/C Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is a good set of open target sights that will fit on a factory T/C Hawken or Green Mountain IBS barrel

I find the lyman front globe sight in .404 height and the rear t/c hunter peep sight works great for me. I have this set up now on my hawkens 50 cal. flinter.The front globe comes with 7 inserts
I will also say if you use this set-up you will have to mount the rear peep with 2 new holes driled and tap,I woud make sure the rear peep sits about 1/2 " away from the front tang screw. :thumbsup:
I use the same set-up fot hunting but did redril the peep hole to 1/64 for early hours and late evening hunts

Lyman front globe.

For the rear is a T/C Contender Silohuette sight. You will have to have the curve milled off to get it to sit on the barrels flats. The holes will line up with the holes in barrel.

The advantage to this sight is that it has a nurled wheel to raise or lower the sight. The nurled inditations are numbered. The helps in competition shooting, just write down the number on the dial for each yardage. This way you can use the powder charge that is most accurate in the gun at each yardage.

RDE

Back