• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/CHawken Stock Repair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishDFly

69 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a T/C Hawken stock which is in need of repair. On the left side of the stock, on the flat there are two (2) hair line cracks from the lock screw hole and they join to become a single crack, which runs at a 45 degree angle up and to the left. Inside the lock area, there is a single crack (1 inch) that runs from the lock screw hole to just in front and above the front trigger.

These cracks are very small, you can just barely feel them with your finger nail.

My questions are:

1. At what point do you worry about them?
2. At what point does the gun become unsafe to
shoot.
3. Can the cracks be repaired?
4. If they can be repaired, how should I do it.

It seems that I read somewhere about using a dremel tool to remove some of the wood from the cracked area. Then using Gorilla Glue, stirring it several times to get whatever out of the glue which makes it expand and putting the glue in the channel along the crack. Is this an option?

Why I am not sending it to T/C for repairs:

1. Gun as bought off auctionarms, gun was
misrepresented.
2. Stock orginally was a Renegade, someone tried
to make it into a Hawken, bad wormkanship.
3. UPS broke off a 1 1/2" X 3" piece off the toe
of the stock when shipping it back to the
seller.
4. Took me 4 months to get my "insured" money
from UPS.
5. Barrel has it's own problems.

I do not feel that it is correct to ask T/C to repair the stock with all the damage that was done by whoever altered the stock and the UPS damage. I recupped my money, I just want to know what I can do now, or if I have to find another stock.

Thanks for the help.

RDE

Back