• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD T/C Renegade Percussion .54 Caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a late 1970's or early 1980's Thompson Center Renegade in .54 caliber percussion obtained from an estate. It has a few mods to it: Musket cap nipple, brass tipped ramrod, and sling mounts with two on the front for different carry positions. Former owner, a friend, was a big deer hunter and was always trying out different rifles. There are a few really minor handling marks on it as is typical for a rifle this old. The tang screws are turning brown but the rest of the bluing is all there. This one wasn't shot much and the bore is excellent. Well cared for firearm. Other than that it's a pretty average Renegade. $400 shipped.
reduced_14.jpgreduced_19.jpgreduced_16.jpgreduced_17.jpgreduced_21.jpgreduced_20.jpgreduced_2.jpgreduced_11.jpgreduced_14.jpgreduced_19.jpgreduced_16.jpgreduced_17.jpg

Last edited:
Would a regular nipple, that takes #11 cap still work or have the threads been tapped to a larger diameter?

I have tried numerous times to take bore pictures and all I get are blurry, dazzling lights. I've used every camera setting that I can find, every distance, etc., etc. and still the same results. I don't see the point of putting up something that tells you nothing. Others do it but to me it's a waste. If someone buys any gun from me and they don't like the bore I will take it back. The rifles that I'm selling now were once my best friend's. He was really up tight about the condition of his guns and he took excellent care of them. The bores on all of them are excellent.

Last edited:
If I do a side shot I can show a bit of the muzzle area but that tells you nothing about further down the bore.

Otherwise it's just dazzle. With my eyes I can see the bore just fine.

Attachments

• reduced_4.jpg
    reduced_4.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 79
  • reduced_2.jpg
    reduced_2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 78
  • reduced_3.jpg
    reduced_3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 73
No need to dance with other comments-Looks good to me,Helpful to see atleast that. Tempting price on a good rifle
If I do a side shot I can show a bit of the muzzle area but that tells you nothing about further down the bore.

Otherwise it's just dazzle. With my eyes I can see the bore just fine.

Last edited:
I have tried numerous times to take bore pictures and all I get are blurry, dazzling lights. I've used every camera setting that I can find, every distance, etc., etc. and still the same results. I don't see the point of putting up something that tells you nothing. Others do it but to me it's a waste. If someone buys and gun from me and they don't like the bore I will take it back. The rifles that I'm selling now were once my best friend's. He was really up tight about the condition of his guns and he took excellent care of them. The bores on all of them are excellent.

I'm the same way. And in the 15 years or so that I've done this online trading not one person has asked for their money back. Only thing I can figure is they all got guilty consciences.

Good grief!
I'll Take It!
There, got that out of the way.
Would you pm me, maybe your cell and we can text...
I really need to figure this out.
Thanks!

Reactions: smo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back