• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Groove depth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i never had problems with T/C that you are having.there is young lady, cant remember her name that i talked to.you may find it in my posts.she also has a e-mail .

jack is ole gunsmith there.he will answer your questions.there is phone number direct to him.i will try to find her name and number.

They have always gotten back with me if I couldn't talk to someone when I called. I have talked to Jack. He is at least pleasant to talk with. He is close to retiring so he may not be there much longer. They had a fire and it destroyed some equipment including phones and computers. That is one reason they don't make their own stocks anymore either. Plus they might have folks off for the holidays. I have no doubt they will help you so keep after it.

I bought a 1 in 66" barrel from TC's Custom Shop this year. Spent a little time tonight measuring the bore with my dial caliper. As near as I can tell the bore diameter is an even .500". The grove diameter is .509".

It's a bit suprising to me that the rifling is only .0045" deep. I might be off a little in my measurements but the rifling is certainly not .010" deep.

I've shot it off the bench at 25 and 30 yards and it's plenty accurate. Haven't really rung it out at longer distances. GW

I sent one of my Hawkens in to the T/C service department two weeks ago. I called them to get a progress report and was told that their turn around time was 6-8 weeks right now!!!! I had left a phone message a week earlier and never received a return phone call. I also sent an E-Mail two weeks before I sent the rifle in and never received a message back. I hope they can fix my problem after all the time it takes. It will be worth it.
Bob

Kinda strange everybody has a different experience dealing with them, one person can get someone on the phone, and the next person cant :hmm: seems to be the same with thier products, i am very happy with turn around on what i have sent back,just not so happy with the rifle. Hope you dont have to wait too long, and hope you are happy with what you get back. :v

Back