• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Express Rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ramblin man said:
Anyone have any info on these guns? There is one for sale on Gunsamerica. I never heard of them. Thanx..
I read an article on them years ago...I'll see if I can find anything on it at the house...think a special run of a limited number were made years ago...

they did make a limited run of target rifles about that time in 50. that may be it. that twist sounds like a target twist..

..ttfn..grampa..

ramblin man said:
Roundball,the seller says this is one of 750 made in the mid 90's, 50 cal 30" oct barrel,caplock,steel ramrod,1-34 twist. Hope I can get the pic..check it out..[url] http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x178/coorsprg80/untitled.jpg[/quote][/url]
Yes, that's what I recall...sort of a Renegade stock with a nose cap and fast twist barrel...I don't know how .50cal RBs would do in a 1:34...maybe it was made with conicals in mind, dunno...evidently they never caught on.

Guess if I wanted a Renegade style rifle, I'd probably just get a used Renegade stock and then a TC 1:66" round ball barrel

(PS: The Frizzen is missing off the one in the photo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not picking on anyone or anything but I've wondered about this a long time now about the words "Express Rifle" I belived and have read these sometimes (mostly as not) twin barrels, Britsh, 451 on up and best of all they are a slim high power rifle with a weight of about 6 pounds. Just cking on this , does it now cover just any rifle or...? Thanks bunch, FRED :hatsoff:

Hi Roundball,
I agree, I have a Renegade with a roundball barrel. :grin: I think you'll agree that the stock in the photo ain't no Renegade stock though...
Mark

never mind, had my guns mixed up.

but, i do like a fast twist for low velocity target loads..

tt.g

Mark Graham said:
Hi Roundball,
I agree, I have a Renegade with a roundball barrel. :grin: I think you'll agree that the stock in the photo ain't no Renegade stock though...
Mark
Agree...but it does remind me of one...add a nose cap and more pronounced pistol grip to a Renegade stock and thats about it...it might be worth getting just for the stock...see how that larger pistol grip works out...put a GM .54/.28ga or .62/.20ga Flint smoothbore barrel on it and it would probably make a good bird gun, turkey gun.
Did it mention if it's a 15/16" or 1" barrel?

I use to own one and the stock is nothing like the Renegades. I will try to post some pics of it.

DSCF0327.JPG

Latest posts

Back