• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Cherokee collectible

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.M. Rodri

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was killing time online today and went to Gunbroker just to get an idea of the prices of some of my junk er I mean collectible stuff. There is a T/C Cherokee two barrel set for $3200.00 :shocked2: Holy guacamole! I was flabbergasted and bumfuzzled at the same time.

Hey! They only need one buyer at that price to be set for a long time! :idunno: :idunno: Or could it be a misprint with $320 intended? :idunno:

it's that flea-market mentality, just because somethin' is no longer made it automatically becomes a "collectors item" & worth whatever ridiculous price the nimrod's imagination comes up with.

My guess would be either a typo or someones really really bored and is entertaining themselves by setting up bogus listings on the broker. What a frickin joke. Surely no ones dumb enough to be that serious. Or are they?

bubba.50 said:
it's that flea-market mentality, just because somethin' is no longer made it automatically becomes a "collectors item" & worth whatever ridiculous price the nimrod's imagination comes up with.

Not collectors item....."Vintage"! :rotf: Vintage automatically at least doubles the price.

Ive always wondered if these ridiculously priced guns are Husbands trying to appease the wives demand of get rid of some stuff, so why not post it so it wont sell. "Look honey its posted for sale!"

relicshunter said:
Ive always wondered if these ridiculously priced guns are Husbands trying to appease the wives demand of get rid of some stuff, so why not post it so it wont sell. "Look honey its posted for sale!"

Husbands like that need to show the old lady where the door is. Life is too short to have to live with problems you can fix.

Sounds like you and I both still live in an America that used to be. The good old America where the wife DOESN'T keep her hubbies testicles in a mayo jar on HER side of the dresser. :haha:

i like the cherokee and the seneca, mostly because they fit me and they are a very well made gun for their true value. as for a cherokee or seneca to be listed for $3000 just is a lot on the crazy side. supply and demand always drive the market so what one will pay is up to their wants. i see their value as a nice little hunting rifle and because of the limited supply their value is going to be higher on the open market. a mint rifle or one thats near mint should bring $375 to $600 anymore and it would be just cause you wanted it bad. ask yourself this, if you put a mint cherokee up for auction and started it off for one cent with no reserve and a bunch of bidders ran it up to $3000. would you tell the high bidder thats just way to much, i'm going to let you have it for $250 + shipping because thats all i had in it.

I have bought two 45 cal Senecas in the last month or so and I would sell both of them for 2995.99! Any takers and I will throw in a box of good old Iowa dirt for your garden?? !!!! :). I don't know why somebody would actually place an add like that but yes it only takes one fool and his money to be soon parted!! Greg

There is a New In The Box 45 Cal.CHEROKEE on GunBroker for sale right now! started the bid at $700.00 and the BuyNow price at $750.00 . It has been on my watch now list for some time now and no one has bought it as of yet. The owner keeps relisting it when the bid ends. I just checked on it 30 seconds ago. The item number is(476802080)

Heck, I have a couple of genuine collectible TC Big Boars. I bet they made fewer of them than Cherokees. Not for sale, but if someone was to offer me $3,200 apiece, they'd probably be gone. Takers? :)

Wow!
I just bought a collectable "RARE" :grin: Cherokee yesterday. It came with .32 & .45 caliber barrels. I got it to have a small caliber squirrel gun & the .45 was kind of a bonus. After reading this thread, I'm thinking that maybe I should list it for sale & use the profit to get my custom flint squirrel gun. :rotf:

Here's the one I just got:
2nu604x.jpg

One ramrod is actually too long for these barrels, but I can deal with that.

Lucky you, nice find, but I hope you didn't pay $3200 for it :haha:
Actually, I think someone on the Gun Broker has done went and shot his marbles out the end of his smoke pole :rotf:

Latest posts

Back