• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Those T/C Small Bores

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite gun.

Attachments

• 5A0A64A9-A157-46F9-BC75-F5A67AF03365.jpeg
    5A0A64A9-A157-46F9-BC75-F5A67AF03365.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 700224F0-72D8-4F92-AFB9-DEEF42E4F18F.jpeg
    700224F0-72D8-4F92-AFB9-DEEF42E4F18F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 3ABC6D6F-316D-4915-9DBD-C4A6A66B9224.jpeg
    3ABC6D6F-316D-4915-9DBD-C4A6A66B9224.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nice just got my .32, ready to take it to the range and get it dialed in. Bassdog1 is that a duke 550 pro?

When I bought my 36 Seneca, about 25 years ago, there were two of them on the rack. One had an absolutely gorgeous stock and was shorter than the other (OAL) by an inch or more. They were both the same $ and I wanted the short pretty one. Well no way could I make it fit. I contorted like a pretzel just to see the sights.

Finally concluded it was a youth model and I'd never be happy going through contortions to shoot it. "She was sure pretty but she just wasn't my type."

So I looked at the tall 'homely' one. Fit me like a glove.

Well when I got it home I found I'd have to do some Acra-Glas work around the wedge escutcheon. Took a few nights, but I got it. Also noticed that away from her pretty friend, she started to look pretty good herself. May have been one of those Fox Ridge specials.

Think I paid $300 for that gun as the shop was going out of business and those two Senecas had been languishing on the rack. It'll be with me 'til I die.

I have a Cherokee .32 and a Seneca .36. Like both. Light weight accurate and reliable. What more can one ask for?

Anybody else have a cat that likes laps when the owner of said lap wants to type?

I owned a 32 Seneca like the one pictured , Seneca was never stamped on the barrel but it was a Thompson Center with the proper length and high gloss and suspect it was a Fox Ridge job. I've owned 3 36 Cherokee barrels and they all had Cherokee stamped on them in fact I still have one.

If you do an advance search on gun broker you will see 32 seneca with an extra 45 barrel that didn't sell only a couple of weeks ago. Starting bid was $2300.

I finally got a 36 Cherokee to go with my 45 and 32. But have missed my only chance to buy a 32 cal Senaca to go with the 36 & 45 I have. Still kicking myself for trying to justify the money.

I too have several Senecas, a .36 and two .45’s . I also have a .45 Cherokee and an unfired .32 barrel that I picked up from a gun shop in California quite a few years ago. For whatever reason, I’ve really only used the two .45 Senecas, taking a couple of mulie bucks, one mulie doe, and a bighorn ewe. The .36 Seneca has a very nice stick and beautifully colored lock. That’s one I really need to get out and shoot, but in any case, it’ll probably stay with me for a while along with one of the .45’s. I’m thinking hard about passing the others along to fund some other guns one of these days. Not mentioned yet, but I also have several T/C molds that are becoming harder to find, including two in-the-package .32 maxiball molds. Talk about something that’s really hard to find!

I too have several Senecas, a .36 and two .45’s . I also have a .45 Cherokee and an unfired .32 barrel that I picked up from a gun shop in California quite a few years ago. For whatever reason, I’ve really only used the two .45 Senecas, taking a couple of mulie bucks, one mulie doe, and a bighorn ewe. The .36 Seneca has a very nice stick and beautifully colored lock. That’s one I really need to get out and shoot, but in any case, it’ll probably stay with me for a while along with one of the .45’s. I’m thinking hard about passing the others along to fund some other guns one of these days. Not mentioned yet, but I also have several T/C molds that are becoming harder to find, including two in-the-package .32 maxiball molds. Talk about something that’s really hard to find!
I know where's there's a good home for anything Cherokee or Senaca 😀

I had been looking for awile and found a Cherokee here on the Forum earlier this year. Top quality you would expect from TC. Compared to the Renegade"its big brother"it feels like a toy. Working on getting a Maxiball mould fabricated as the ones that TOW sell are about 20gr heavier and a little different in shape. They also sell a Lee 6 cavity and that is yet another shape. Lot of info on people shooting .45cal and cracking them, Im just going to keep shooting it with the .32 barrel. The .32 Cherokee does have a 1 in 30 twist not sure about the .36cal and the .45cal is 1 in 48. I had been leaning towards a Crockett and what I read was the kit guns are so so as far as fit, alot about the hammers not lining up. Some did some didnt and when people called the response was very slow. The ones that were factory made seemed to have great reviews. They are 1 in 48 and everything I read about them even the kit guns after everything was sorted out is THEY REALLY SHOOT WELL!! I think the bug that got me to search for my Cherokee is I have many other TCs and new I needed the Baby of the Bunch! Hope this helps. If I didnt cover something ask away!
If your maxi mold takes a while, try shooting patched .38 pistol bullets. I shot .457 patched bullets from my Hawken once in a while, worked well for me, although the recoil (405gr bullet, 70gr FF) was a bit sobering.

Mine was bought off GBs, 45 Cherokee, picked up a 32 barrel, new in the box three months later. The next year I
came across a Seneca 36 barrel that drops right in. There's just a gap between the front of the stock and the
under rib about 1 1/2". Doesn't effect the shooting. Love the 32 with 15 grains of FFFg.

Back