• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C .54 Grey Hawk ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtech

32 Cal.
Reaction score
What's the twist on a T/C grey Hawk? Is it accurate with a PRB or a conical?

won't shoot either worth a hoot :wink: send it to me for proper disposal :haha: I have a couple of the GH in 50 and 54 they will both shoot PRB or conical equally well after you sort through load development.They are a joy to hunt with out of stands because of the short length.One of mine has put @ least 15 deer into the freezer the other not so many as it is relatively new to the collection

I had not seen that great chart, thanks.

WMBH443.jpg

NewEnglander wood stocked GreyHawk.

Yep the Grey Hawk is indeed a 1:48 twist. Does yours have the QLA? Mine does, which works great for seating my Maxi-Balls. Mine came scoped too. It stays on for now until I can find a replacement rear sight. I'm shooting 100grs ffg. Enjoy shoosting yours. I'm sure that is a given anyways ;). I will add one thing too, after putting approx 20 or so 430gr Maxi-Balls and half a dozen Lee REALs my scope went kaput.

I like that P.A.Myers. Very nice.
I've taken at last a dozen deer with my .54 Grayhawk.
The day I got it, I took it past my bro-in-law's and we shot it at 40 yards at an old target. It was cold so we only shot 4 times total. Not much to shoot at but a hole in the old target back. We ragged that hole, shooting 2 times each. I put her in the case and said That's a KEEPER" . :grin: Best $100 I ever spent.

P.A. where did you find the wood stock for you G/H? I have one in .50 cal that is begging for a replacement...

I've got a couple of .50 Greyhawks that I like a lot. I've taken a couple of bucks with one of them shooting conicals. It has the tang aperture sight and is a sweetheart to hunt with. A .54 Greyhawk would be ideal; I've missed out on a couple of them and kick myself over it.

As I understand the Greyhawk is a stainless New Englander with a shortened barrel and a rynite stock. Any wooden New Englander stock will fit the Greyhawk. You should be able to find them on the auction sites.

Repulsive as it may be, evil-bay usually has one or two. Look in the 'blackpowder' section. The stock pictured came off a rust-bucket. Stocks can sometimes be had from guns with bad metal. The good thing about T/C is that the size of components are usually consistent. The wood you get for your Greyhawk will need a buttplate. I had mine nickel plated. I guess you could use the pad.
P.A.

Hey,Hey, I just want to tell you that if you ever get mad at that pretty little Grey Hawk,with the wood stock. Call me and I will come get it and give it a nice home here in Va.

THAT IS A BEAUTFUL MUZZLELOADER!!!!!!!!!!

I have freind that built a wood stock for one last winter and I told him if he sold it let me know and guess what- he didn't let know.

Nice Gun. I have found my dream M/L :bow:

Latest posts

Back