• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

swivel breech rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way I am understanding it is when your gun gets finished it will be the 602nd swivel breech,correct.Are you having him do any carvings or inlays.I have just his standard pre-hawken model and its just gorgous the way it is.As a matter of fact I have had many people tell me its the prettiest gun they had ever seen.It dont matter whos lookin when I get out this gun it grabs attention.I can attest to leanords work.Ive been shootin and huntin with mine for 15yrs and it still is as tight as when it was new and the finnish has held up great to.

My rifle has been assigned serial #602. We haven't finalized the details yet. As it is a non-standard swivel breech, I'll have to go over to Leonard's shop one of these days and talk it over. I've wanted a swivel breech Jaeger for a while now and finally I'll have one! About Christmas time maybe.

Hey lhunter.What year did you have yours built.Which model is yours or is it a custom.

I cant tell ya what year it was built or model wish I knew I got it last October, sort a Christmas present from my sweetie only gun show I could ever get her to go to she took pitty on me I was recovering from a dble pelvic fracture from a horse wreck it has real nice fig maple and all the brass is engraved silver star in cheek piece.

Ok....Fellers..
I gat a Hopkins and Allen .45 SWIVEL BREECH...
LOOKS REALLY NICE...shiney bore.. very nice wood....
Whaddya figger it' worth nowadays?

jest a wonderin....ya know? and ....ANY BODY INTERESTED IN BUYING???
***WV SCROUNGER ***

Yea Lhunter that sounds like a real nice one.I could only imagine.I have the pre-hawken model that has browned steel furniture.No engraving or inlayes but it to has real pretty maple stock.

I had one of them hopkins and allen swivels before.The lock spring doubles as the sear spring giving it a slow lock time and a hard trigger pull and weak hammer hit.Other than those problems and the looseness in the swivel part it was O.K.It would Bring back memories if nothin else.

Track of the Wolf has one. Made by Veermeech w/ Getz barrels. It's a flinter in .50cal _ I think about $3,500

Yea they had that one on there for a while , out of my price range thats for sure :(

Oh yea,that one is decked out for sure but it looks like it has a really large gap between the bottom side of the butstock and the breech.

How far have you sighted it in for.Do you think it would be a good idea to sight the barrels in at different ranges,just thinkin out loud here.

In my opinion I would keep both barrels sighted the same that way you dont need to worry about which barrel you are using if hunting .

Highgain I have only shot it at 25 yds and appears to be right on would like to use this in the early season but they have the stupid single barrel only rule

Yea I do hear what you are saying but how many tines have you seen that deer or elk out at 150 yrds that you had to let go.If a person was to sight in the barrel with the serial# at his normal hunting range this would the only thing to[url] remember.Again[/url] still thinking outloud.I have the targets the L.Day sent with the gun showing where he sighted the gun in at 75 yrds and have never chenged the sights cause they were right on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first off, 150 yds is TOO far to be shooting at deer or elk with a muzzleloader. At the maximum ethical ranges, sighting both in for the same distance should put both barrels in the kill zone of a deer or elk. :imo:

Rebel I have to agree with you I would rather not cripple and loose a animal or have to trail it and have it suffer more.

Back