• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stock re-finish again

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchyPine

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Decided i didn`t like the brown stain that didn`t take on the birch so i sanded it off and left it clear. Put three coats of true oil on it, pics arn`t that good it looks better in person.

stockbirchbest.jpg

birchright2.jpg

birchbutt.jpg

birchleftside1.jpg

Looks real nice that way Lenn. You got some nice grain in that stock. :hatsoff:

Thanks Rick, i should of listened too the wife she wanted it that way from the start. :redface:
It sets off the lock and hardware better. :)

Pitchy, I think we should start calling you TINKER. Ain't it great to be able to tweek and change things when it does'nt quite suit you. Think about this for a second: now you kinda have a new smoke pole, if you get to harvest another whitetail with it, it will be like doing it for the first[url] time.....again[/url].... :hmm: :hmm: :shocked2:

Last edited by a moderator:
A tinker i be :haha:
I`m out of tags, maybe the wife will shoot one. :rotf:
Thanks bro. :)

Pitchy that looks real good.
Im going to copy your idea and do that to one of my rifles. :bow:

Looks great Pitchey .. much better than painted! :shocked2: Now just send it on down to Texas and I will take care of it for you! :thumbsup:

Davy

:thumbsup: Thanks Davy, i think it looks much better than the brown stain, and the wife likes it so a couple points there. :haha:

What's great about guns, is everyone has there own taste!

If it were mine, I would beat it with log chains, rust the barrel and hardware, and set the stock on fire for a short time!

This gun would look great antiqued! :thumbsup:

PitchyPine said:
Thanks Rick, i should of listened too the wife she wanted it that way from the start. :redface:

Sometimes we had to listen to our wifes(ex-wifes).
Now it looks like a real worn Matchlock. :thumbsup:

:hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back