• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stock fit?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtilenw

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I shot my Pedersoli 12 gauge SxS for the first time Sunday. Because of all the information I have aquired on the forum, I felt comfortable loading and firing it even though I have never been around a blackpowder shotgun. I achieved some well patterning loads, suitable for turkey out to 30 yards ( with the left barrel anyway) probably good to 25 yards with the right. My problem is that this gun appears to be built to shoot rising birds. To be pointed not aimed like a rifle. There is a noticible rise in the barrels when comfortably pulled up to the shoulder. Unfortunately, I want to hunt turkeys with it and in order to aim it like a rifle, I have to really get down on the stock and that puts my cheekbone in hard contact with the top of the stock. After 12-14 rounds, I was worried that I might develop a flinch. I immediately forced myself to shoot a 5 shot offhand group with my GPR to to remove the subconscious demons that were starting to rise up saying, " It's gonna Hurt! ". I think I fended the demons off and shot a very pretty 50, 3X target. None the less, I feel that this is not the gun for "Aiming" a shot charge. I may try a slip on recoil pad to lengthen the pull. That seems like it would put the barrels lower and make it more suited to aiming. I'm really afraid that I may need a smoothbore rifle/musket though. Any input? Solutions?
Thanks, Idaho PRB :boohoo: :boohoo:

Back