• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stock Descriptions for New Shooters.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found a maker that describes each of the stocks that they make.
The best part, they include the name of each style of stock, so when we new members read something about a rifle in the forum, we can figure out what they are talking about.
I was interested in Lehigh stocks, and also found Early and Late Lancaster stocks, so now I have to do more research.

Lehigh County Rifle, Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply (longrifles-pr.com)

I hope you enjoy the reading as much as I do!
Brazos

The Knob Mountain stock guy , from Pa. , should have one copied from an original. When Fred Miller retired , and sold his patterns , the Knob fellow got a pattern from an authentic Lehigh flint gun , Fred copied from a KRA member's collection. I still have some. They are the real deal..........oldwood

Thanks, Eric.
Like they say, God is in the details. I'm just getting started, and the amount of information available is almost overwhelming.
I haven't run into any muzzleloaders down here except for the Texas Army, and these folks are more into Texas history than building rifles. I'm new to muzzleloading myself, and have been sorting out who I want to portray with the Texas Army. I decided on someone with my own background (born in PA, moved to Texas as a teen), and have since learned that there were lots of gun builders from my neck of the woods. This is all so cool!

Marching to San Jacinto.jpg

I'm on the left in the light-colored hat and frock. The young guy in green has ancestors that were at Goliad, The Alamo, and San Jacinto. Many of the others have similar lineage. I'm in awe of the history of their families. My family arrived in Philly in 1732, so we have history, too, but Texas history is a lot more popular down here than American history, as you might imagine.
Thanks again for the advice. You have saved me a lot of heart-ache.
Brazos John

Back