• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Steam Clean

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoney

32 Cal.
Reaction score
For about the last year,I have been cleaning my muzzleloaders with a home steam cleaner and wire brush. The steam cleaner gets the barrel so hot,I have to use gloves when cleaning.After it cools down,I run dry patches and then bore butter. Works great.Has anyone else tried this?.

Both the bore and breech get very clean.The steam is so hot,the gunk just melts away.The wire brush helps remove any left over powder, and the patches come out clean after only a few passes.

It's a Ultra Steam Shark, hand portable, lots of attachments.I got it at Sears, very handy, lots of uses.Steam works great for cleaning.

I didn't know steam cleaners were period correct :what:
next thing you know, someone will come out with a muzzleloader that's an inline, plastic stock, stainless steel barrel, and adjustable sights :redthumb:

Why sure steam cleanin' was period correct. What ya think all them Mt. Men went to Yellerstone for, the trappin'? No, it were for the geisers ta clean there guns. :crackup: :crackup:

WAUGHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh There is a pc steam cleaner
Thanks. The one I saw there has so much acid in them you could really get a neat patina finish ::

next thing you know, someone will come out with a muzzleloader that's an inline, plastic stock, stainless steel barrel, and adjustable sights :redthumb:

"Yeah right "!!!!,.... like thet is gonna happen any time soon!! :crackup: :crackup: :: :rolleyes:

YMHS
rollingb

I can't believe no one else has tried this. Steam is just very hot water. Ya bunch of Luddites.

Next thing you know Bushwhacker...they'll be putting telescopes on top of 'em too.

:curse:

Oh you guys and your rubber-ducky cleaning methods.

:rolleyes:

Rat

Stony if the steam cleaner gets you gun clean use it. Have you tried one of the cheaper battery powdered toothbrushs around the nipple they get into the cracks too. If you look close you may fine these guys are just pulling your string so to speak. If it works for you use it.
Fox :thumbsup:

silverfox
I use the battery powered toothbrush to.And yes,I know these clowns are jokers.Half of them are useing steam to clean there flints and caps at this very moment,most will swear it was there own idea, the rest will rush to be the first to market the idea.Making millions in the process.

I buy C&R guns alot and that steamer cleans the cosmo off in a second, then just recoat with tung oil or BLO and oil the steel. works great.

Yeah but they are in full buck-skins with their rifle accross thier laps and the mules and horses tied up outside.

Rat

Now that you mention it, I bet the computer is in the barn WITH the mules and horses. While our mountain man pecks away at the keyboard, the good wife chews on his 'mocs to keep them soft. Now THAT'S P.C.!!!

:blah:

Rat

No, ya gol danged idjit. The mules are in da house wit da computer. The wife is in the barn chewin' the leather fer the mocs. :crackup: Doncha no nuttin'? ::

Latest posts

Back