• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

St Etienne Fusi de Chasse. ca 1740's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex efremenko

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I still have a few tiny things to finish up on this .I thought some would like to see it.
Enjoy!

European Walnut stock,Lock ,buttplate,triggerguard from the Rifle Shoppe. .62 caliber,46" O/R barrel patterned from an original FDC barrel made by Nicholas Carteron in the 1740's[which I own]. The fusil wieghes a tad over 7 pounds and is a joy to carry. The new owner should enjoy it!

Alex, was there any real differences between the St. Etienne and the Tulle version ? And, if you could, your major objections to the TOW 44" FDC. Thanks.

John,yes there were differences.
The buttplate finial is more elongated in length, the width of the trigger guard finials are about thicker(although the TRS examples don't seem to show it as well. Look in Kevin's book and you'll see it) .
Also the way the 16 side transitions into the wedding band is different. The SE has tapered flats as opposed to this from tulle which are flat.
On certain examples the carving was ''different''. The Tulle ones being what might be considered a little more crudely done..Although all were carved.
SE fusils also had 3 forwards RR pipes as Tulle having 2.

Back