• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spiller & Burr

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with this thing. I shot it a bunch today, honestly lost count but around 7 cylinders full, 6 at a minimum. No cap jams, and no cylinder binding at all. That's a first for me with an out of the box revolver. My Colt repros cap jam and my Remington repro starts to bind after two cylinders shooting. I have to do something about the crazy 12 inch high shooting though, I think I'll make a higher sight when I get the chance.

Blackie Thomas also made 2 or 3 videos on getting the Spiller to shoot lower and centered. He did not change the front sight. He was draw filing the octagon barrel at the muzzle. To make it shoot lower a few strokes off the top flat (on the front end of the muzzle, not on the top flat on the top of the barrel).

Taylor’s has them is stock at $359 + shipping and tax. I got tired of waiting for the re issue so bought one from a member here not long ago and I’m very happy with it. It was made back in 1997 and was unfired. The quality is very good having EXCELLENT fitting wood grips and great metal finish. The hammer spring is extremely thick and made pulling the hammer a Herculean effort. I hour glassed the spring which reduced the atrocious heavy pull and replaced the tiny front sight post with a taller one. It shoots great and is very accurate.
For those that have the current re issue, how is the hammer pull?
Here’s mine with a Tripple K CS holster.
IMG_6894.jpeg

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with this thing. I shot it a bunch today, honestly lost count but around 7 cylinders full, 6 at a minimum. No cap jams, and no cylinder binding at all. That's a first for me with an out of the box revolver. My Colt repros cap jam and my Remington repro starts to bind after two cylinders shooting. I have to do something about the crazy 12 inch high shooting though, I think I'll make a higher sight when I get the chance.
Change the front post to a taller one. Very easy to change.

Here are pictures of my Spiller & Burr replica and the holster I made for it.

I have had this one for a long time. I had to make a taller front sight for it, since it shot way high, but that's all I had to do.

This thread reminds me that I need to get out and shoot it!
20231218_154517.jpg
20231218_154531.jpg
20231218_154549.jpg
20231218_154618.jpg

Back