• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

southern illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maya

32 Cal.
Reaction score
pilgram here, went to a rendezouv @ Fort DeChartes and got the bug. I went to a gun show yesterday and bought a 45 Lancaster made by Dixie gun works, flintlock. Hope I can get some help from ya'll. No clue what I'm doin. Leaning toward Couier de Bois. thanks

Welcome from your neighbor to the North! You picked a good first rendezvous to get some ideas about what you want to portray.

De Chartres is enough to give anyone the bug!
Welcome to the forum. :hatsoff: You'll find all the help you need here.

Welcome from across the mighty Mo. I got bit at fort DeChartre as well. Hunt and learn on the .45 but start savin your pennies for a french trade smoothie or a fusil de chasse if you want to do the courer de bois bit. Plenty of great places to start with a kit. try Track of the wolf or Pecatonica river longrifle supply for a good beginners kit.

thank you sir,I'm real green but I'm learning alot already from ya'll.

I would recomend going to Track of the Wolf website. they have several books for sale that will help you to develop your courier de bois persona. Books on weapons, accoutrments, clothing, sundries, etc. I own several and all are full of great reading.

WARNING! Shooting muzzleloaders is known to be addictive. There is no unknown antidote.

Welcome to the forum.

:hatsoff: :thumbsup: Welcome.Enjoy the journey into the world of black smoke.Griz

Back