• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sort of a Cleaning Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ald55437

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I purchased one of those CO2 devices that allows you to "shoot" the ball out without having to fire the rifle.

So, after a long day deer hunting with my New Englander I used the device for the first time and it works as advertised.

I'm sure that even though the bullet left the barrel there may be some BP granules left in the barrel. So, my question is: Since I didn't fire the weapon what kind of cleaning should I do to the barrel? The full-on soap and water or just BP solvent and an oily patch?

I'm not all that lazy, but I got home late and want to hold off until the next day to tackle this project.

Thanks.

If the gun hasn't been fired it won't need anything more than spraying some aerosol gun lube in the nipple to flush out the powder. A few lubed patch down the bore and a couple times spraying in the nipple hole should do it.

You might Go-Jo white hand cleaner a try for that situation, but I always shoot the load out if I've been out in damp weather, wipe down good with Go-Jo then dry and reload.

Back