• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Soquili's work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soquili: I have a lot of fun with atlatls too. I make them out of yew, aspen and hazel. I make my darts out of either hazel or red osier dogwood, as both grow abundantly in the mountains of Southern Oregon. I have knapped some red obsidian points for a couple of my darts, and hope to skewer some rabbits one of these days.

On building my own rifle, I don't know...maybe I'll stick to beads, at least they don't blow up on ya if you make a mistake!!!

Soquili,
After seeing the beautiful work you do, I have no doubt, that if you decided you wanted to build your own rifle, you would do an awesome job of it, and just think of the carving YOU could do on it :)

I just started shooting a couple of years ago (blackpowder) I love it.. could spend hours on the trail shooting and am just now getting to know to my new rifle...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your work, and I also enjoyed seeing a couple of your outfits...

Soquili: I have a lot of fun with atlatls too. I make them out of yew, aspen and hazel. I make my darts out of either hazel or red osier dogwood, as both grow abundantly in the mountains of Southern Oregon. I have knapped some red obsidian points for a couple of my darts, and hope to skewer some rabbits one of these days.

I like them too, although I wouldn't call myself any good at it! ::

I've made some out of bois d'arc (a recycled broken bow :)) and cedar and oak, and I have one of Bob Berg's hickory ones too. I've made darts out of cane and hardwood dowels. I use mostly blunt target points on them, but have used some flint ones - I just hate to break those so I don't use them very often. :)
Patsy

Back