Brass Mounted Scabbard

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

LRB

75 Cal.
Reaction score
My first real piece of work that I have done in 14 months. Had some health and vision problems, but am getting better now. The knife is a representation of an 18th c. "broken Sword" knife. The knife was made by Kyle Willyard. Old Dominion Forge. I made the sheath with a center seam up the back, hand sewn with linen thread, and with brass mounts. The leather is 6/7oz vege-tan carving leather, and stained with vinegaroon. The mounts are all hand made by me from brass sheet. The brass aging on both knife and scabbard was done with 44-40 cold blue. The knife's brass mounts came from "THE RIFLE SHOPPE", and the grip is bone. Hope you enjoy a look.

BrownBear

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome back to you and your fine work! Been a while, but worth the wait. Only one word for it- Wow!

ZUG

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Nice work Wick :thumbsup:

Billnpatti

Cannon
Reaction score
Wick, I am astonished. You are an extremely gifted man. That is a gorgeous scabbard that you made. The man who made the knife is extremely gifted, too. I know both are completely functional but they are too gorgeous to actually use. They are museum quality display pieces. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JOHN F

40 Cal.
Reaction score
wick, awesome work as always . museum quality so awesome!!

Artificer

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Wick,

I am absolutely green with envy at your ability to make such lovely and historically correct throats and tips. I never figured out how to do it and had some spectacular failures trying to do it. :cursing: :haha:

Gus

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Stunning :thumbsup: :hatsoff: :applause:

MSW

Cannon
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
sorry to hear of your troubles, and glad that you're back.

now, whenever i open a post you've made, i know to put down a towel to catch the drool from getting on my keyboard ... great works as always!

Reaction score
Have enjoyed looking at your work for many a year.

You are a craftsman in every sense of the word and I thank you for taking the time to freely share your skills with the group.

Just had the opportunity to view the excellent write up that was done in Muzzleloader also featuring your outstanding work.

:hatsoff: