• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Ulu knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

This one is a bit different than my normal knives. It’s an Ulu or “Woman’s Knife” in the native Inuit language of Canada and Alaska.

The price is $125.00 + $15.00 s&h USD

I was asked by a friend if I could make an Ulu? I said, “Don’t know, I never tried”, so I tried, and here’s what I ended up with.

The Ulu blade measures: 5-1/8” across and 2-1/4” from cutout to deepest point on the cutting edge. The blade mics. out at .112” thick. It’s made of super hard W-1 tool steel. It’s so hard that it took a carbide bit to drill through it for the pins. If you look closely right below the cutout on the side opposite my Two Feathers logo, you’ll see a small divot. That’s where my Tin coated drill bit stopped drilling when I checked the hardness.

The blade has a double bevel, is razor sharp and features an Elk antler handle. The handle is held on with 2 Custom made Mosaic pins, and epoxy. The epoxy is to insure it’s being water proof, secure, and stable. The antler is polished and wax sealed.

I made the sheath so the Ulu only goes in one way. That improves the fit. The sheath is made from 3 oz. vegetable tanned tooling cowhide and has a Black snap to keep the Ulu securely in the sheath or cover. The entire sheath is hand saddle stitched AND riveted. It’s dyed Chocolate Brown and treated with Aussie saddle cream for water proofing. The sheath has a double thick welt to protect the stitches from the cutting edge along with the double cap rivets.

I know this is NOT the normal PC/HA type knife you folks look for, but I can assure you that after researching it, I found that the Ulu has been around for over 2500+ years. It was used during the fur trade era.

Here’s links supporting that statement. https://www.jstor.org/stable/42869713?seq=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulu

If interested, please PM me here, or contact me at [email protected]

I prefer PayPal friends and family, but will take postal money orders or personal checks. Checks will add 2 week to the process for necessary time to clear my bank.

I ship same day as funds are received or checks clear. The exceptions are Federal holidays, Bank hours, Sundays, or severe weather.

As always, Thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• thumbnail (633).jpg
    thumbnail (633).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 158
  • thumbnail (635).jpg
    thumbnail (635).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 154
  • thumbnail (636).jpg
    thumbnail (636).jpg