• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

sonic cleaning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zimmerstutzen said:
Knew a guy that took off the grips and springs and put his stainless steel C&B revolver in the dishwasher. I don't recall what happened but something occurred to screw up the gun.
That's pretty easy to figure out.

His wife came home and thought, "I wonder why my dishwasher is running?"

She opened the door and saw the various pieces of the pistol laying there said in a manner that only an upset wife can do, "WHAT THE H#*% IS THIS GUN DOING IN MY DISHWASHER???
JUST LOOK AT THE MESS IT MADE!!!!

With that, she grabbed the pieces and threw them as far as she was able into the woods behind the house.

Somewhere, a cylinder, loading lever, hammer and cylinder bolt is quietly laying in the dirt under the leaves. :hmm:

Some models of dishwashers use a course salt to soften the water, like Solitary Cyclist mentions.

I'm not sure the sodium ions cause any problem with carbon steel but they shouldn't cause a problem with stainless steel.

I'm still betting on the irate wife.

Wives can be VERY possessive when it comes to THEIR stuff.

I have a couple of Remingtons, for which I have 10 cylinders. At CAS shoots I just change out the empty cylinders for preloaded ones and cap and shoot. When I get home I throw all the cylinders in the US cleaner with a solution of moose milk and run them to 7 minutes total time. Take them out dry them oil them and they are good to go. I have never taken the rest of the gun apart for cleaning but for once a year. I spray down the rest of the revolver with moose milk wipe it down and it too is good to go.

And the once a year total strip down cleaning has never revealed any rust. The last part of the yearly cleaning before reassembly, is to pack the interior with a Shooters Gold grease. Any fouling that gets into the interior is caught in the grease and never gets to the metal.

Latest posts

Back