• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some Range Pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went and did some shooting on Saturday... and my buddy took some pics. Thought I'd share them. A couple of these are also in my Pedersoli Kit thread in the Builder's Bench forum, but I also wanted to post some of shooting the GPR as well.

Here's me aiming my .54 Lyman GPR:
JohnGPR.jpg

Here's me firing my .54 Lyman GPR:
JohnGPRSmoke.jpg

Here's my buddy firing the GPR:
ChasGPRSmoke.jpg

Here's my other buddy firing the GPR:
LyndenGPRSmoke.jpg

Here's the stuff laid out on the bench:
DPTable.jpg

Here's the first shot with my unfinished Pedersoli Kentucky Kit:
DPFirstShot.jpg

Here's my buddy firing the pistol:
ChasDPSmoke.jpg

Here's me firing the pistol after it started getting dark. Tried to capture some fire, but the timing was very difficult:
JohnDPSmoke.jpg

Enjoy!

Ah! I just never seem to tire if looking at flintlocks firing. Looks like you were having a good time with friends, both human, wood and steel. :redthumb:
God bless.
volatpluvia

very nice pics! thanks for sharing. looks like you
had a good time!
snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :peace:

Hmmmm....I hope you don't have one of those Camels lit up while you are loading! Might give "Smokin'" and whole new meaning! :haha:

Hmmmm....I hope you don't have one of those Camels lit up while you are loading! Might give "Smokin'" and whole new meaning! :haha:

AbsoLUTEly not! I have seen guys do it... even with an inch-long ash hanging off the end of the smoke, but not me. When I'm smoking, I'm not shooting, and vice versa.
:redthumb:

[quoteWhen I'm smoking, I'm not shooting, and vice versa.
:redthumb: [/quote]

:haha:

We have a "no smoking on the line" at the range. We also have a "no ATVs during period hunts" rule. Scary but true.

:peace:

Jon

PS. StaticX... check yer email. :)

We also have a "no ATVs during period hunts" rule. Scary but true.
------------------------------------------------------------
Somebody needs a rule for that?

Somebody needs a rule for that?

Yup. Apparantly someone got all gussied up in 18th century clothing and tore around the woods on a bright red Honda....

From what I understand, they are no longer affiliated with the club.. :)

Jon

Wow, moron. :shake:
He is apparently not getting into the spirit of the experience.

Thats a beutiful pistol where did you get it? I'm looking for one in .45 cal to go with my flint rifle.

:master: :master: :master: :redthumb:

I'd almost say you were having WAY too much fun out there, but CAN you have too much fun when there's still some FFg left? Love the range. Aside from the old Lyman facility I use occasionally we have zilch in the NY Metro Area(aka "hunters/shooters Hell) for shooting opportunities. Then, too our senior "senator" Chuckie Cheese Schumer is on a "mission from God" to eliminate private ownership and commerce in black powder to keep this "high tech explosive" out of the hands of Al-Quaeda (who have so much C-4 and Semtec they GIVE it away).

-Ray :RO:

Yeah, the range is an extremely nice one, that is a little expensive to join, so I have not done so yet. One of my buddies is a member, and we were there as his guests.

I used to live up there kinda close to you... not in the Bronx, but I lived in Port Chester and Stamford CT for a while. We always had to drive upstate a bit to get to a decent range. Heck, we used to drive to Ringwood, NJ to shoot trap and skeet.

Seems like there was a pretty nice outdoor range there in Westchester county we went to... state-owned public type of thing. Had a nice archery setup too. It was so long ago, I can't remember what it was called. Sorry.

Ya know, if y'all would vote 'ol Cheesy Schumer out of office, it'd probably save the whole country a lot of headache... :winking:

All very true John, but unless we do what Newt did in '94 and make the Congressional races about NATIONAL issues that's unlikely. People like to call the Contract with American chicanery, but all it did was commit the candidates to VOTE on issues that had always been DOA under the Jackass Party. When folks vote for THEIR congress critters based on their NATIONAL performance, instead of the money they "bring home" (what a joke!) for local projects, they tend to evaluate them differently. That's why there were so many freshman sworn in in Jan. '95! Alexis de Toqueville was right when he said that "Democracy in America will survive until politicians learn that people can be bribed with their own money.".

As for the range you remember it's good old "One Shot Blue Mountain" in Peekskill. Still there and worse than ever. In the early Eighties I used to take my days off on Thurs. and Fri. so I could use the pistol range for blackpowder WITHOUT the bozos with the 3.5" 12ga. magnums or the .45 Supers busting my ears. When you were alone you made your own ceasefires. Great for the smokepoles. Even the regular range was better. You could shoot offhand then, but not for over 10 years now.

Seems too many citiots have moved up there, learned there was (gasp!) a public shooting range and made it their mission in life to get it closed. Whenever another Dumbo-Crat gets elected County Executive his first promise is to close the range. You can't even HEAR the firing outside the Park area but to the farts and croisant crowd it matters not. They are the new Puritans living in dread fear that somewhere, somehow, somebody is having a good time at something THEY don't like.

One (rhymes with witch) called the range office on a Tuesday and screamed that she was going to shut them down because "bullets are coming through my house!". The range officer told her to call the cops because the range is only open on weekends. She never tried THAT again.

As for Wooster Mt. in Danbury, it's better than Blue Mt. in one respect. The range is next to the parking lot! Also it's on clear level ground with a huge berm so we can shoot at clay pigeons if we want. The major downside is that they let ANYONE shoot ANYTHING with no restrictions and have a 15 min. ceasefire ever half hour. That's fine for the mob with their black rifles and high capacity pistols (including one scary gent with an M203!!!), but Hell for muzzleloading buffs.

-Ray

Totally agree with you on the voting thing. I ALWAYS evaluate based on national issues when voting for my senators/congressmen.

Blue Mountain is definitely it! And, it was more than 10 years ago when I was there... so it wasn't too bad. I like to shoot modern guns too, but I did shoot the muzzleloaders there. I think most of the time we went there to use the archery range... my buddy and I were really into bowhunting at the time. Their walk-through woods range was awesome.

Never went to the one in Danbury.

Back