• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some maintenance issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertdeans72

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I've come accross a few problems with my Euroarms 53 Enfield.
1. The nipple threads seems to be eroding and this is leading to gasses venting out through the threads and into my face. The underside of the nipple's rim is now all but comprimised as are all the threads underneath that part of the nipple rim.
2. Al of a sudden, the lock sticks at half cock when firing. From the full cock position, when using normal trigger manipulation, the hammer catches at the half cock and only with a faster and more violent trigger squeeze does the hammer fall all the way to the nipple.
Help!
Thanks, Rob

You may need to put a bushing in the nipple hole with fresh threads and a new nipple. The new nipple should be made of stainless steel so the threads will not erode away.
On your half cock, check to see if the metal on the tumbler is bending out at the half cock position or peaning over a little. You should be able to file it or grind it so that it does not catch.

On the half cock, If the bolt holdin the lock together is too tight it will stick out the other side and the hammer will catch it when falling. At least, thats the way mine is.

Back