• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New (preassembled) Investarms Bridger Hawken .50 cal, percussion: Trigger, hammer question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my Lyman percussion gpr hammer placement does not allow me to put a cap on at 1/2 cock either. I have to bring it all the way back to full, place the cap, then release the hammer forward, returning it to 1/2 cock.

If you have any Hobby Stores around you then you can get a new screw. I fly RC Model planes and have a Box-O-Screws from all the models and hardware I have bought and recovered from crashes and replaced the trigger screws in all my Investarms guns from that supply. And yes they are metric.

Take the screw to the hobby store and they should have one slightly longer. If they deal in RC cars thats even better. Those are all built with metric screws. Plus the hobby store is just as over priced as Ace Hardware is. :rolleyes:

If you have any Hobby Stores around you then you can get a new screw. I fly RC Model planes and have a Box-O-Screws from all the models and hardware I have bought and recovered from crashes and replaced the trigger screws in all my Investarms guns from that supply. And yes they are metric.

Take the screw to the hobby store and they should have one slightly longer. If they deal in RC cars thats even better. Those are all built with metric screws. Plus the hobby store is just as over priced as Ace Hardware is. :rolleyes:
Believe it or not, there isn't a single Hobby store in my area!

You might check with an industrial supply store such as Grainger, Fastenal, or HCI. They probably have (or can order) what you need.

As far as Investarm rifles, I have two and I love them, but both of them did require some tinkering to get them “just right”. They’re great guns with a little patience.

You might check with an industrial supply store such as Grainger, Fastenal, or HCI. They probably have (or can order) what you need.

As far as Investarm rifles, I have two and I love them, but both of them did require some tinkering to get them “just right”. They’re great guns with a little patience.
I have two, one Capper I built and the Flinter I am just starting to build. My capper has been an outstanding ML, never a single problem!

Sad but very true. I am lucky to have two good hobby shops within an hour’s drive, DGW close by, and a Tandy Leather store over in Nashville. Several good sewing and fabric stores, too. I count my blessings frequently and hope these places continue to hold out in brick-and-mortar form.

Believe it or not, there isn't a single Hobby store in my area!
Well, it doesn’t appear that there is a nearby hobby or full-service hardware store anywhere near you, nor do you seem to be able to measure the existing screw. I have only seen one Investarm set trigger screw that wasn’t the size I previously recommended (it was in a new Cabelas Investarm gun and suspect it may have been factory reworked, explaining the larger sized screw), but unless someone measures your specific gun, we won’t know for sure. In light of this, why not order a RE Davis Deerslayer trigger? $75 or so should solve your concerns, and it is a definite upgrade from the factory trigger, which you could then sell to recoup a chunk of your investment. The only thing to installing the Deerslayer (assuming your Investarm is a half stock Hawken or plains style gun) is sometimes you have to remove a sliver of wood in the stock mortise.

Personally, I have Davis triggers on a number of guns, and they are worth the money.

Well, it doesn’t appear that there is a nearby hobby or full-service hardware store anywhere near you, nor do you seem to be able to measure the existing screw. I have only seen one Investarm set trigger screw that wasn’t the size I previously recommended (it was in a new Cabelas Investarm gun and suspect it may have been factory reworked, explaining the larger sized screw), but unless someone measures your specific gun, we won’t know for sure. In light of this, why not order a RE Davis Deerslayer trigger? $75 or so should solve your concerns, and it is a definite upgrade from the factory trigger, which you could then sell to recoup a chunk of your investment. The only thing to installing the Deerslayer (assuming your Investarm is a half stock Hawken or plains style gun) is sometimes you have to remove a sliver of wood in the stock mortise.

Personally, I have Davis triggers on a number of guns, and they are worth the money.
I will try and measure it today. One reason I want to use the stock trigger & lock is to make the "kit" useable in its original form. Replacing the lock & triggers defeats the purpose of the kit $$ IMHO. I believe that with some patience and a bit of "tuning" they should work fine. The trigger on my GPR Capper works perfectly.:ThankYou:

@Snake Pleskin, have you tried a fishing goods store? Most modern reels are imported and would probably have metric screws. Is Augusta, GA too far away? There's a True Value Hardware in Aiken. Tru Value may often have a large selection of screws and bolts. You can at least special order a metric thread pitch gauge.

when putting the jag in barrel almost feels like something in bottom but feel like it is part of the gun then you move the jag some and it will seat a little lower, is that normal in the percussion, i can't seem to get anything out of it and i do not think it is a bullet but feels like it is part of the percussion barrel. any help here?

Back