• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoothbore barrel.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a 44" swamped .58 cal smoothbore barrel. I contacted Rice for their D profile barrel and they said it would be 4 to 5 months. Does anyone know who else I could get a full octagon swamped smoothbore barrel from a bit faster? I have seen Bobby Hoyt barrels like this, but I don't know where to get one.
Thank You

Dixon Muzzleloading Shop, Inc.
9952 Kunkels Mill Road
Kempton, PA 19529
Phone: 610-756-6271

They might have one.....they've had Rice barrels when others haven't.

Thank you. That's a Great place. Been there many times. They had Rice .58 and .62 rifled barrels, but no smoothbores in a swamped barrel. I will be going up there to the gun makers fair in a few weeks. Maybe somebody will have what I am looking for there.

Sorry to hear that.
As luck would have it, I just convinced Musketman to add Vernons new web link to the Forum Links section.

Did Vernon say who bought it and would they be supporting his web site?

Zonie :)

Not positive, but based on an add in Muzzleloader I just saw, I think Mike Lea bought Davis. Good supplier!!! :thumbsup:

I know Mike bought Wahkon Bay also. Does he have a web site, or how do you get ahold of him. Bill

I don't know Mike's home address but I have seen him often at the EPR rendezvous.

Toomuch
Shoot Flint

Troy Roope bought out Vernon C. Davis & Co. not Mike Lea.

Troy's company is going to be called:
Stonewall Creek Outfitters, Rt. 2, Box 123-G, Concord, VA 24538 Tel: (434) 993-3557.
His e-mail is: [email protected]

He's working on putting a website together, but it is not up yet.
That information is "straight from the horse's mouth" (Troy) 15 minutes ago.

Back