• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smith Carbine percussion nipple dimensions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know the nipple thread size for the original Smith Carbine. I want to buy a new nipple but I don't know the dimensions. I do see some on the US websites but none of them want to ship to the UK for some reason.

Thanks,

Matthew

Hi,

Does anyone know the nipple thread size for the original Smith Carbine. I want to buy a new nipple but I don't know the dimensions. I do see some on the US websites but none of them want to ship to the UK for some reason.

Thanks,

Matthew
I don’t know if Track of the Wolf have what you need, but they certainly ship to the UK if they do

Quite possibly, however, knowing the dimensions will make life much easier, hence the question. Plus I am not sure I want to pay the premium for hewn from solid billet unobtanium with unicorn horn tools from Dyson's.

Is there something preventing you from measuring the nipple yourself?

A set of digital calipers and a thread pitch gage and you'll have all the dimensions you need.

Hi,

Thanks,

Matthew

The people at Lodgewood Manufacturing speak Smith Carbine fluently and are the go-to people on those carbines and parts.
Your firearms laws scare most suppliers from shipping anything gun-related there. Not worth the risk and hassle.
The UK is a really tough place to be a shooter in.

Back