• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Single Triggers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gradog

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking at some single triggers. The Davis model 007 and the Bivins model 0210 both look like
well made triggers. Does anyone have a preference. Why.

No experience with Bivins, but I can certainly recommend Davis. Not to say they're "better," but I simply haven't used Bivins and can't compare.

The Davis #7 is just ugly with tendrals hanging off the back...IMHO.

The Bivins trigger is much better looking trigger. I have used this trigger and it looks good installed.

How good are each of them? They are made of quality steel and assembled well. The question is whether or not the geometry will be right for your build. How well a single trigger works depends on where the pivot pin is in reference to the sear arm of the lock.

On these triggers that are mounted to "ears" on the lock plate the pivot is predetermined and you are limited on how you can set them up.

Why not just make your own? It's very simple and you can ensure you get the trigger that fits your gun and you get the geometry right without having to deal with the predetermined pin location.

Enjoy, J.D.

Great pictures Swampy.

Gradog, Not insinuating that there is anything "wrong" with the Davis triggers, it's just that making your own is easy and gives you more leaway in placement.

All you need is some mild steel, a means to cut it, a ballpeen hammer and a vise...oh, and a drill to make the pin hole.

You don't have to make the "eared" trigger plate as triggers on originals are generally pinned through the wood in the lock mortise. The trigger plate was just a place to secure the barrel tang bolt with a trigger slot to prevent wear to the surrounding wood.

Enjoy, J.D.

Latest posts

Back