• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Silly Flintlock pistol scene on "SALEM"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recorded the series "Salem" and was watching one episode last evening. In this episode two bad guys are trying to ransack the orphanage and are struggling with the lady teacher. When she screams for help one of the good guys John runs to her aid. On entering the building and seeing what is going on he pulls his flintlock pistol and fires it into the ceiling. This stops the bad guys who turn towards John who then levels the flintlock pistol at them and tells them the next shot is in your head. No reload. Single barrel. I tell my wife to pause and rewind and sure enough old John must have thought he had a revolver or semi auto of some sort from the future I guess!

Well, if the cowboys in the old movies could have six shooters with 28 shots in them then he can have a two-shot single-shot pistol.

Maybe it was a superimposed load.

That's pretty funny. The prop-master musta-been agitated by this and I'm sure he said something...

"But the thkript thays 'he fires into the theiling and thays the nextht thot goes in your head" tho thutup negative-Nancy!"

Lol :rotf: . Haven't watched a single episode but from the ads I don't they're too worried about historically accurate firearms etc.

I saw a scene in "Sleepy Hollow" that was the exact opposite. The heroine handed Ichabod Crane a Glock which he used for the intended effect. When the whole thing was over she asked him

"Why did you only shoot once?"

His answer:

"There's more?"

Latest posts

Back