• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot my first Cap & Ball today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDrag50

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all, I picked up a Uberti 1860 Colt last year but I have not had the chance to shoot it until today...
all I can say is WOW! I'm hooked. Big bang and smoke, love it!

6" target at 15 yrds.
[

Good shooting!
Yup. These cap & ball guns are a lot of fun to shoot and the cost of doing it won't put a man into the poor house.

Your loading support looks a bit like the ones I made a while back.
They are pretty handy to have sense they leave both hands free to do the important stuff. :)

8974257606_34c49f8825_o.jpg

Zonie said:
Good shooting!
Yup. These cap & ball guns are a lot of fun to shoot and the cost of doing it won't put a man into the poor house.

Your loading support looks a bit like the ones I made a while back.
They are pretty handy to have sense they leave both hands free to do the important stuff. :)

8974257606_34c49f8825_o.jpg

Thanks Zonie, the stand belongs to a friend and I was told not to get to attached to it. I made a template and will be making one for myself soon. :grin:

Also I have to learn how resize pictures... :confused:

Way to go with the Colt! A little more practice & familiarity & you'll be able to cut your groups on target by at least 1/3. It's pretty much universally accepted by C&B shooters that 23-25 gr. 3F BP or Pyrodex P will give you optimum accuracy.

As you suspect, C&B revolvers multiply like rabbits - set your sights next on an 1858 Remington - even the 5 1/2" barrel 'Sheriff's Model' is incredibly accurate.

Latest posts

Back