• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shoots near Danville, PA?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob243

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A while back someone mentioned to me that there was a club around Danville that held monthly BP shoots. Anyone familiar with this?

Bob, Yes there is a monthly shoot near Danville. Held by the Danville Sportsman Club I think, I don't have my Federation Book with me, but I will get you some infromation. The best way to find black powder shoots in Pennsyvanina is to join the PA Federation of Blackpowder Shooters, for your membership you get a booklet listing almost all the shoots in PA and the Cap & Flint newsletter.

I got out my Federation Book, the club near Danville is the Susquehanna Sportman Association. Their next shoot is August 23. There is a little map in the book from RT 54 at the blinking light turn on to 624 E, then on to Columbia Hill Rd, Then on to Cherokee Rd, Then on to Sportsmen's Rd. I sure mapquest can help.

The address for the PA Federation of Black Powder Shooters is 619N. 10th Street, Bellwood, PA 16617. Individual memberships are $12.00 and Family memberships are $14.00.

There is also Union County Muzzloaders about 6 miles west of Mifflinburg. They shoot the first Sunday of every month. A real happy go lucky bunch with a emphasis on primative matches. They have a primative woodswalk, papertarget ranges, 25,50,100yd, and a silowet range to 180 yd. Muzzloading guns, round ball, flint or percussion welcome. Labor day weekend three day rifle frolic. Despite the title of the shoot if you shoot a smoothie bring her along! I am a member of both Danville and UCML.
Directions, Follow Rt 45 west of Mifflinburg, thru Hartelton(SPEED TRAP). 1.5 miles out of town you will come to Fairgrounds road turn left. fairgrounds road becomes Hassenplug road at the junction with Rt 235. Follow Hassenplug to Weichert road, bear right. We are about 2 miles west of this intersection on the right. We have direction signs at most of these turns to assist new visitors. BJ Habermehl

There is another club here in NEPA, in fact I just got back home. Factoryville Sportsmen shoot a trail walk the second Saturday of the month starting about 0900, costs six bucks to shoot and is abuot 19 targets from 20 something yards out to about 85ish, the last is a set of bowling pins which you get two shots at unless you shoot a BIG smoothi like I do, the Bess rarely needs a second to pick up a spare VBG. Nice facility and if you shoot early you can get a burger and fries from the club kitchen for about three bucks. They have a lot of other activities aside from blackpowder check out the web page[url] http://www.f-s-c.org[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob243. Danville gets going around 9am. Nice club, I try to go when the is something other than paper being shot.

Union County Muzzleloaders start around 9am with last registration at 2pm unless a woods walk shoot. Last registration is 1pm then

For our Labor day weekend range hours are going to be roughtly 9am to 3pm. Will also have some kind of eveing shoot as well.

You really should getbe the PA Federation book, there is a shoot every weekend and it will also let you know what each club is shooting that month.

Iron Jim, at this time we (UCCM)don't have anything for minies or ladder sites. I can check with Danville to see if they do.

Any questions drop me an email.

Steve

Back