• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting the Pedersoli KY .32. Good day!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I finally made it out shooting again. It's been so hot and humid and thunderstorms I've talked myself out of it a few times when I shouldn't have. I have some guns I've been tweaking and I need to get them dialed in. So I endeavored to persevere as we like to say ;)

First time shooting Swiss. I like it! I had a bunch of shots and the last one loaded just as easy as the third did without swabbing.
If it looks like a jungle out there... it was. Perspiration and fog under the glasses.
New addition to the bench; pipe insulation.
IMG_2125.jpg

I set up a box at 30yds and had at it. The first shot was the furthest right.
I can't say I was happy. I had been using 30gr of Goex 3F and had to start somewhere though.
Beautiful ignition anyway.
1A.jpg

Two more after that fourth shot where I had drifted the rear some.
1B.jpg

So we're looking like a 2" group... It didn't do well with 20 or 25gr of Goex, my gun preferring 30, so I bumped it up to 25gr of Swiss and shot at a fresh target.
2A.jpg

A little under 2"... I grabbed my shooting glasses with the aperture on them and that made things more crisp on this humid day.
I put stickers on the first three shot holes.
Other than the flier on the second shot, now we are doing some shooting.
2B.jpg

As I walked back to the bench I thought, do we make it five shots and possibly spoil that three shot group?
:)
2C.jpg

I'm not sure if the gun was getting dialed in as much as I was, lol.
On to 50yds. Same load.

3A.jpg

Do I chance three?
3B.jpg

So yes. VERY good day shooting for me. Once things were running well.

I've got the rifle on the work bench and already made a hairline adjustment to bring the groups over a bit. I didn't want to chance moving the sight so little on the range.
I'll clean it in a bit and hope to shoot five good shots tomorrow cold bore. Then I'll call it dialed in.

I finally made it out shooting again. It's been so hot and humid and thunderstorms I've talked myself out of it a few times when I shouldn't have. I have some guns I've been tweaking and I need to get them dialed in. So I endeavored to persevere as we like to say ;)

First time shooting Swiss. I like it! I had a bunch of shots and the last one loaded just as easy as the third did without swabbing.
If it looks like a jungle out there... it was. Perspiration and fog under the glasses.
New addition to the bench; pipe insulation.
View attachment 236937

I set up a box at 30yds and had at it. The first shot was the furthest right.
I can't say I was happy. I had been using 30gr of Goex 3F and had to start somewhere though.
Beautiful ignition anyway.
View attachment 236941

Two more after that fourth shot where I had drifted the rear some.
View attachment 236946

So we're looking like a 2" group... It didn't do well with 20 or 25gr of Goex, my gun preferring 30, so I bumped it up to 25gr of Swiss and shot at a fresh target.
View attachment 236947

A little under 2"... I grabbed my shooting glasses with the aperture on them and that made things more crisp on this humid day.
I put stickers on the first three shot holes.
Other than the flier on the second shot, now we are doing some shooting.
View attachment 236949

As I walked back to the bench I thought, do we make it five shots and possibly spoil that three shot group?
View attachment 236950

I'm not sure if the gun was getting dialed in as much as I was, lol.
On to 50yds. Same load.

View attachment 236958

Do I chance three?
View attachment 236961

So yes. VERY good day shooting for me. Once things were running well.

I've got the rifle on the work bench and already made a hairline adjustment to bring the groups over a bit. I didn't want to chance moving the sight so little on the range.
I'll clean it in a bit and hope to shoot five good shots tomorrow cold bore. Then I'll call it dialed in.
I have the mini me version in a 32 caliber Scout. At 25 yards with 12 to 15 grains of 4F or 3F Swiss under a patched 1-1/2 buck I basically get a ragged hole. 10 shots can be covered easily with a quarter if I do my job shooting off a solid rest. Off hand, not so pretty. Point is, these guns can shoot. Just need to find ‘that’ load.

Beautiful day here today with a slight breeze.
Just right.

Two weeks ago were our hot and muggy weeks. I'm sure we'll get more of them.

BTW, PA stands for Pennsylvania.

Tis a beautiful rifle and good for you getting out there and enjoying it. Makes me want to get out there too.

Thanks, Tim.

I don't know why some folks are so down on Pedersolis.
All you need to do is polish the bore, file down the vent liner, change the front sight, refinish the stock and barrel, lighten the sear spring and polish everything up. And put close to a hundred balls through it to help break it in.

Thanks, Tim.

I don't know why some folks are so down on Pedersolis.
All you need to do is polish the bore, file down the vent liner, change the front sight, refinish the stock and barrel, lighten the sear spring and polish everything up. And put close to a hundred balls through it to help break it in.

Yep, nothing to it. 🤣

I'm in western NC and the weather, temps and humidity has kept me from doing any shooting a lot recently. Plus the air quality due to the wildfires in Canada make for unpleasant outdoor time. Thanks Canadians. eh.

It seems like most people shoot a .32 with 15-20 grains of power be it a pedersoli or traditions . . . I have a 32 with a rice barrel and it shoots just sort of ok with those loads, but I shoot 30 grains with better results. I've come to the conclusion that there's nothing wrong with a heavier load in a .32.

Latest posts

Back