• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shipping Muzzleloaders USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you'd stop with this snide stuff.

All people are doing is telling others what the current US Postal Regulations are so you don't run afoul of them and potentially put yourself out of hundreds of dollars from a denied insurance claim.

It's not our fault that the US Postal Regulations are what they are. Nobody here likes them and we all wish we could ship any gun to anyone through the mail like you could prior to 1968.

What do you expect people to do? Pretend like the regulations aren't what they are? Is that going to help us preserve our Second Amendment Rights?
Take it up with the OP. He's the one who posted the regulations. I'm just agreeing.

And I have no time for folks who want to point to the Gun Grabbing policies the Left is engaged in. If folks want to wallow in BGOS that's on them.

Some folks feel one way about the USPS regs and other folks feel a different way about the USPS regs.

Merica!

Last edited:
Take it up with the OP. He's the one who posted the regulations. I'm just agreeing.

And I have no time for folks who want to point to the Gun Grabbing policies the Left is engaged in. If folks want to wallow in BGOS that's on them.

Some folks feel one way about the USPS regs and other folks feel a different way about the USPS regs.

Merica!
And you said the same thing to me last time I posted the regulations.

I don't know what BGOS is.

Like I said, I don't think anyone likes the regulations. We all would prefer to mail what we want when we want to who we want.

So, again, please stop calling people who are providing factual and helpful information "supporters" of "the Left do all they can to curb our Second Amendment rights." Just because we are knowlegeable in regulations pertaining to firearms does not mean that we support them.

And you said the same thing to me last time I posted the regulations.

I don't know what BGOS is.

Like I said, I don't think anyone likes the regulations. We all would prefer to mail what we want when we want to who we want.

So, again, please stop calling people who are providing factual and helpful information "supporters" of "the Left do all they can to curb our Second Amendment rights." Just because we are knowlegeable in regulations pertaining to firearms does not mean that we support them.
BGOS: Battered Gun Owner Syndrome. People who are so discombobulated by the Left's Gun Grabbing that they begin to identify with the Left and spew forth the latest and greatest Gun Grabbing regulations. It's like a 2A Stockholm Syndrome.

You and others are not the official USPS shipping oracles. You can think what you want. And the other 99% of us will think and do what we want.

Have a great USPS day.

Feel free to respond if you must.

Pirate Ship. Print label, check no haz mat, stick on box take to P.O. and drop in box. You get a tracking label priority and its $7.60 for a ltter and like $10.00for a box that those of you that ship pistols need to use. Noone has ever asked whats in the box. Just wanna make sure whats NOT in the box. Like blood, black cats, CCI # 10's etc.

BGOS: Battered Gun Owner Syndrome. People who are so discombobulated by the Left's Gun Grabbing that they begin to identify with the Left and spew forth the latest and greatest Gun Grabbing regulations. It's like a 2A Stockholm Syndrome.
So, nobody here is "discombobulated by the Left's Gun Grabbing". Nobody here identifies "with the Left and spew forth the latest and greatest Gun Grabbing regulations."
You and others are not the official USPS shipping oracles.
You are correct. However, you can speak to one by calling Michael Crowell at the USPS HQ Business Acceptance Solutions at 1-877-672-0007.

Or you can go on thinking you are correct.

So, nobody here is "discombobulated by the Left's Gun Grabbing". Nobody here identifies "with the Left and spew forth the latest and greatest Gun Grabbing regulations."

You are correct. However, you can speak to one by calling Michael Crowell at the USPS HQ Business Acceptance Solutions at 1-877-672-0007.

Or you can go on thinking you are correct.
You could create a USPS Shipping Regulations thread called.....

Ask the Forum Moderators if they'll make it a Sticky.

Then we can all bask in the Gun Grabbing glow before moving on to other muzzleloading topics.

Are we going to go back and fourth all day on this?

You could create a USPS Shipping Regulations thread called.....

Ask the Forum Moderators if they'll make it a Sticky.

Then we can all bask in the Gun Grabbing glow before moving on to other muzzleloading topics.

Are we going to go back and fourth all day on this?
Moderators, please make this thread a sticky.

Michael is not a policy maker. He is just the person that I contacted who did the research and asked around to confirm that in fact you cannot ship any handguns through the USPS except for certain license holders and certain government employees.

Calling Michael will not cause any change. If you want change, you need to contact your elected Federal officials in the House and Senate.

Edit to add, the US Postal Service is controlled by the Postal Regulatory Commission, whose members are appointed by the President and are confirmed by the Senate.
And did you know your USPS carrier (person that delivers your mail) is a contract person (not a Federal Employee) that doesn't even have to take the employee tests. So much for safe mails ...

Latest posts

Back