• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sheath Makers?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to find a period sheath for my Russell Green River 6” butcher but to no avail.

Does anyone here make sheaths or could offer a recommendation for makers? I’m looking for one of roughly this style:

9CCF0176-D6EB-4ED4-9497-AFB7B0A8A6AE.jpeg

Thanks!

Piece if cake for any accomplished leather worker, I have made several over the years, unfortunately I'm not taking on any commissions at this time, still moving and my shop is not set up yet, just wait some will be along soon, whoever it is, if they don't ask for the knife to be sent for pattern or at least a very close tracing of the knife itself along with a width measurement I would pass!

Simple task there you already have the pattern in front of you go to the local craft store get a piece of leather a stout needle and a ball of waxed cord, cut out the sheath fold the pattern, measure out the stitching holes use a finishing nail to punch the holes and stich it up. for the belt slot measure how long and wide you want it to mark it out on the ends use a drill and bit to cut the ends and then connect the holes buy cutting the sides use an exacto knife and straight edge for the cuts and keep the blade square to the leather, if the mated sides don't exactly match up a bit of sandpaper will neaten the up. And you made it.

Two Feathers made this for me last month. Couldn’t be happier with with the sheath. He is a great guy to deal with!

Attachments

• C66359B0-C2E5-432A-9386-BB6CD3CCB3C9.jpeg
    C66359B0-C2E5-432A-9386-BB6CD3CCB3C9.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1B675413-1AF4-484F-B2C0-BAF34A18C3AA.jpeg
    1B675413-1AF4-484F-B2C0-BAF34A18C3AA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I’ve been trying to find a period sheath for my Russell Green River 6” butcher but to no avail.

Does anyone here make sheaths or could offer a recommendation for makers? I’m looking for one of roughly this style:

View attachment 239969

Thanks!
Did you find someone to make the sheath for you I make a few for my own personal stuff and a few friends but I would be willing to help you out if you haven't found one here are a couple I made KIMG0179.JPGKIMG0180.JPG

Attachments

• KIMG0187.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • KIMG0190.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
Back