• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sharon Rifle Barrel Co.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can someone verify that the Sharon Rifle Barrel Co. made barrels for Thompson Center early on? Does anyone know when? What type marks do the Sharon-T/C barrels have on them? No, this isn't a quiz.I need this information to settle a small wager.Thanks..........Ramblin Man

Last edited by a moderator:
early t/c barrels made by Sharon have a heart or spade stamped on the underside of the barrel near the rear . :thumbsup:

Thanks lonewolf, with you backing me up, I won that small wager. I'd still like to know what years Sharon made T/C barrels, if the twists were different, and some opinions on the quality of Sharon vs. T/C. Where's Roundball when you need him??

ramblin man said:
Can someone verify that the Sharon Rifle Barrel Co. made barrels for Thompson Center early on? Does anyone know when? What type marks do the Sharon-T/C barrels have on them? No, this isn't a quiz.I need this information to settle a small wager.Thanks..........Ramblin Man
When I asked that question to someone at TC a couple years ago, they told my those were proof marks that they put on their barrels when they completed a particularly major portion of the barrel manufacturing line...don't know anything about Sharon barrels or barrel marks, sorry...be best to just call TC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I bought a Robinson percussion with a sharon Barrel a few months ago:

RobinsonTC004.jpg

The number is No 70

The barrel was made by J. Hall Sharon between 1960-1970:

Sept. 27, 1922 - Jan. 28, 2002

J. Hall Sharon, 79, of Sonora died Monday at Tuolumne General Hospital.

Mr. Sharon was a native of Falmouth, Ky. He lived in Sonora 22 years. He was a machinist and had worked at Cincinnati Milling Machine Co. from 1947-53, and Hughes Aircraft in Culver City from 1953-60. He owned Sharon Rifle Barrel Co. in Kalispell, Mont., from 1960-70. He was a nationally known gunsmith and barrel maker. He manufactured a black powder rifle marked as Sharon Hawken Kit, which was used at black powder shoots nationwide. His barrels were well-known in the United States and 25 percent went to foreign countries, including one rifle to the king and queen of England. In 1981, a Pennsylvania-style traditional flintlock with a Sharon Barrel was presented to President Ronald Reagan.

He was a member of Sierra Bible Church and Promise Keepers. He was a member of the National Rifle Association. He was a World War II Navy veteran.

He is survived by his wife, Anna Sharon of Sonora; and children, Dennis Sharon of Mi-Wuk Village and Steven Sharon of Sonora.

A funeral will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Terzich & Wilson Funeral Home. Burial will follow at Mountain Shadow Cemetery. Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at the chapel.

Source:
Sharon

(look for: "J. Hall Sharon" )

Etienne Brule, the first coureur des bois...

Latest posts

Back